F-650 Custom Pickup Conversion(now heres a pickup)

/ F-650 Custom Pickup Conversion(now heres a pickup) #31  
And I'll bet that the fuel milage is not too much worse, if any, than my Expedition.

BTW, I've seen adds on TV for Chevy Suburban s claiming a tow capacity of 12K.

My good friend tows his 20K fifth wheel with a 200HP turbo diesel Isusu. I don't know the model but I think it's the same as the UD models often fitted as box vans.

/ F-650 Custom Pickup Conversion(now heres a pickup) #32  
Now the question is, Should I order my Unimog with or <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mercedes-benz.com/e/ecars/unimog/telligent.htm> TELLIGENT

Check this out for more info
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mercedes-benz.com/e/ecars/unimog/default.htm> MB Unimog Webpage </A>

Edit Here
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.unimog.co.uk/> UK Unimog Site </A> Check out the photo gallery.

I really screwed up, should have bought a unimog instead of a pick up + a tractor /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ F-650 Custom Pickup Conversion(now heres a pickup) #33  
I misspoke when I said the Expedition was rated to tow 8K. The hitch is rated to 8K but the vehicle is rated between 7400 and 7900 depending on tire size and axle ratio.

/ F-650 Custom Pickup Conversion(now heres a pickup) #34  
Yes, I've driven and worked on them. I first saw them in Germany back in the 70's. They use them for city utilities, snow removal etc.. Then the Army bought a bunch of them with various attachments.

/ F-650 Custom Pickup Conversion(now heres a pickup) #35  
Scott,

I agree with you. The Unimog is so much nicer and roomier inside, too. Of course, it is three steps up to enter the cab. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif On the plus side, think of the fun you could have with the factory water cannon option. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ F-650 Custom Pickup Conversion(now heres a pickup) #36  
Paul,

I've got a 1998 Peterbilt single axle with new rubber, aluminum wheels and tanks, dual chrome stacks and horns with CAT power you can own for WAY less money and it's already set up with a fifth wheel and receiver hitch, too. I'm sure it'll last you way longer, too.

/ F-650 Custom Pickup Conversion(now heres a pickup)
Not to mention the 3 way dump,when my wife sat in the back,she would not know which she was going to get out when I stopped the truck.

/ F-650 Custom Pickup Conversion(now heres a pickup) #38  
Don't know about the 650s but we get a 550 4X4 with a regular cab, put some diamond plate tool boxes on the side and a 480 gallon tank behind the cab. Add a foam injection system and a 4 cyl Kubota diesel to run a 200 gpm pump. Paint it red, add radios and a light bar = Great Brush Truck! It flies up hill full of water and firefighters. We sure have put it to use this year in the Denver Foothills area! We're building another one.

/ F-650 Custom Pickup Conversion(now heres a pickup) #39  
My son has a 2001 F-150 Lightning pickup. It has a 5.4L supercharged V8. In a 2-wheel drive pickup. Rated top speed at 142 MPH. And can still tow 5000lbs. You mash the throtle and 5.8 seconds later you are at 60 MPH, with the air-conditioning ON and three people in the cab! But wait to buy one in 2005 when they plan to put two supercharges on it.

Ray

/ F-650 Custom Pickup Conversion(now heres a pickup) #40  
<font color=blue>"Paint it red"</font color=blue>

You mean Ford doesn't offer red? I find that hard to imagine.