Can稚 figure this out

/ Can稚 figure this out #1  

hitekcountry

Gold Member
Tractor
Kabota 6100 Kabota L35
When the weather is good I like to get out and ride my bike and lately I've been taking my camera most of the time. Well today on my ride I see what looks like someone fishing, standing in the middle of the river - hmm that's odd, so I stop and take a couple of pictures. Where I took the pictures from I'm 190 yards from where the person is. I took the picture with a telephoto lens. The first picture the lens was set at 90mm and the second was set at 270mm. Like I said at first I thought the person was fishing and then I thought they might be taking pictures but at that distance I couldn't really tell.

When I got the pictures on the computer I could see it didn't look like the person was taking pictures either. Then I thought the person had a microphone and was taking sound recordings, but then I noticed that it looks like there is a wire that goes down into the water.

Anyone have some thoughts on this, it doesn't make sense to me.

The third picture is a cropped portion of the second picture.

The overhead picture shows where I took the pictures from, I was at the right hand end of the yellow line and the other person was at the left end of the line.

Attachments

• DSC_0086_50248_2005-ed-rs.jpg
    DSC_0086_50248_2005-ed-rs.jpg
    761.8 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC_0088_50250_2004-ed-rs.jpg
    DSC_0088_50250_2004-ed-rs.jpg
    621.8 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0088_50250_2004-ed-cp2.jpg
    DSC_0088_50250_2004-ed-cp2.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 187
  • pic3d.jpg
    pic3d.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 144
   / Can稚 figure this out #2  
Measuring water flow rates?

/ Can稚 figure this out #3  
Probably some sort of water quality tester looking for silt, little fishies, etc...
Why didn't you ask him what he was doing?

/ Can稚 figure this out
Why didn't you ask him what he was doing?

The picture doesnt show it, but the trail I was on is about 70 ft from the river and that area is over grown with weeds and bushes as you can see on both sides of the river in the foreground in the first picture, and in the second picture you can see the size of the bushes on both sides of the river. The only way you could see this person was from the place I took the picture. I probably would have needed waders to get to talk to this person.

When I took the picture I didnt notice all the details and develop all these question that I had once I brought the pictures up on the computer.

/ Can稚 figure this out #5  
Around here they use things like this to test the water in the spring. Either that or he is a really really bad fisherman!

/ Can稚 figure this out #6  
looked like a really nice remote place until I looked at the last picture.I quess thats why I live in eastern canada.No six lane highways going though our great land

/ Can稚 figure this out #8  
looked like a really nice remote place until I looked at the last picture.I quess thats why I live in eastern canada.No six lane highways going though our great land
Sure remember a bunch of lanes when I visited my brother-in -law in Toronto!

/ Can稚 figure this out #9  
Highway facts

Largest national highway system: The United States of America has approximately 6,430,366 kilometres (3,995,644 mi) of highway within its borders as of 2008

Busiest highway: Highway 401 in Ontario, Canada, has volumes surpassing an average of 500,000 vehicles per day in some sections of Toronto as of 2006

Widest highway (maximum number of lanes): The Katy Freeway (part of Interstate 10) in Houston, Texas, has a total of 26 lanes in some sections as of 2007. However, they are divided up into general use/ frontage roads/ HOV lanes, restricting the traverse traffic flow.

Widest highway (maximum number of through lanes): Interstate 5 along a 2-mile section between Interstate 805 and California State Route 56 in San Diego, California, which was completed in April 2007, is 22 lanes wide.

/ Can稚 figure this out #10  
I was on the 401 and it IS busy, also did HWY 100 south from Sudbury to Toronto at night and had to do 100MPH, (yes that is MPH and not KMH) just to keep up with the traffic. This was on my BMW R75, sort of exhilarating at the time.