9/11 Thoughts

/ 9/11 Thoughts #1  

njrqs

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L1-20 DT
Our thoughts go out to you guys over there for your day tomorrow........................

We had a great documentary on TV tonight made up with all the various camera footage taken on the day and narrated by Rudolph G? (Dont' ask me to spell that)

Hang on, maybe I am a day ahead of myself but it is 3 hrs from the 11th here.

Anyway, again, our thoughts go out to all the people in the US and everywhere else who lost loved ones or were touched by that day in some way.

Cheers (If possible)

/ 9/11 Thoughts #2  
Thanks for the kind words.

It's nice to hear things like that since it appears (via media reports) that folks in some places around the world have seemed to forget or become a bit indifferent to the whole event.

Thanks again.

/ 9/11 Thoughts #3  
Ditto on Thanks for the kind words from a TBN brother from down under.

In addition to the sorrrow for those who died and lost loved ones (which is entirely appropriate), it would also be nice if the media would show Americans who are also angry at what happened.

/ 9/11 Thoughts
<font color=blue>folks in some places around the world have seemed to forget</font color=blue>

Far from it here.............

We had that docu last night commercial free and tongiht all programmes have special bulletins and there are special shows etc. etc.

I don't think anyone will ever forget that day..............

That doco last night (I am sure you will/have all see it, was a special one indeed. Some of the footage was very moving.

Cheers

/ 9/11 Thoughts #5  
I'm glad that folks "down under" haven't become indifferent like the media portrays a lot of other places around the world - only saddened that something happened that we all need to never forget.

I don't know a single person who wasn't affected in some manner here in the U.S. Not everyone knew someone killed, and not to diminish those in the slightest who did loose a loved one or a friend, but even those who had no such connections were profoundly impacted by the attack. Again, it's nice to hear "Thinking of ya" from someone on the opposite side of the planet.

Unfortunately a "Threat Alert" was just issued by the government as "specific and credible information" has come about. Ground-to-air missile batteries have been activated (live missiles) along with combat air patrols. The Vice President is again in "an undisclosed location", etc. I won't bore you with other details (far more available on the major news sites anyway), but to say things are getting a "bit more tense" would be accurate.

/ 9/11 Thoughts #6  
Thanks so much Neil for your thoughts and expressions of concern. I'm watching a special right now on one of our network TV channels about 9/11. It still seems like yesterday. This is going to be a tough day for many to get through without the shedding of a tear or two.

It's still unbelievable why someone would senselessly take the lives of thousands of innocent people, most of whom likely had few ideological differences with what goes on in the Mideast or elsewhere.

Regards,
Bob Ancar
Cambridge, NY

/ 9/11 Thoughts #7  
September 11th one year ago - I was in charge of special training for managers from all over the world along with FAA field personnel - the topic, terrorism. The meeting was to start at 0800 CDT, needless to say the meeting was cancelled. My life has never been the same since.
PJ

/ 9/11 Thoughts #8  
I enjoy reading your posts, especially this one. Thank you for remembering our nation's tragedy. Cheers to our friends down under.

/ 9/11 Thoughts
Another documentary shown the other night was from 2 french film makers. They seem to be only ones who captured footage of the first plane attack.

They were also in the Lobby of tower 1 when Tower 2 collapsed.

That was amazing footage indeed.

You guys certainly haven't been forgotten.............

/ 9/11 Thoughts #10  
And the lost ones will never be forgotten either.....one of my friends perished in the collapse, a firefighter. God love his family.

Jerry