What does one Trillion dollars look like?

/ What does one Trillion dollars look like? #11  
I don't know what a trillion looks like but I have seen a million in Iraq dollars. When the USA invaded Iraq the last time the guys at work found a website where you could buy $1,000,000 in Iraq dollars for $800.00 American. They ordered big ole' bricks of Iraq money. Theory was that when the Iraq economy recovered we would be millionaires for the price of $800.00. I opted out of this. I may live to regret it but this hasn't happened yet. But they all say they are millionaires. For sure a title I can't lay claim to.

They also say invest in gold and you get some kind of certificate. Well now if the dollar is supposed to some how dissapear, do you really believe that certificate will be any good too? Is there really the amount of gold for the certificates sold?

/ What does one Trillion dollars look like? #12  
They also say invest in gold and you get some kind of certificate. Well now if the dollar is supposed to some how dissapear, do you really believe that certificate will be any good too? Is there really the amount of gold for the certificates sold?

Good question. Also, you can't eat or drink gold.
Dave.

/ What does one Trillion dollars look like? #13  
Dave.

Well you can eat and drink gold. :D

But if paper money fails people will trade food and drink FOR gold. Which would be better than eating or drinking gold.

Later,
Dan

/ What does one Trillion dollars look like? #14  
I just read that Fort Knox has 5,000 tons of gold. I thought the amount was a state secret so I don't know if the number is correct or no. :D

5,000 tons is 10,000,000 pounds. Which is 160,000,000 ounces. At $1,230 per ounce that would mean Fort Knox has $196,800,000,000. Which is a lot of money. But not near enough to pay of the National Debt.

So it would take roughly FIVE Fort Knox's full of gold to get to a Trillion dollars. Or 25,000 tons of gold......

Lordy.....

Later,
Dan

/ What does one Trillion dollars look like? #15  
Dave.

Dave ...you are exactly right..Look if the worse happens what good will gold or silver do anyone ?

What would happen is folks will Barter / Trade for what they need...Think about it ..Food, Water , Medicine and those are the basics. With the electricity off anyone who has a generator and fuel and a water well will have better than gold and the same for the person who has a stock pile of food or medicine or the land, equipment, seeds and know how to raise food...Gold and Silver will be of little to no value except to Countries conducting business, but for the average person trying to stay alive it will be meaningless. The ones with gold have to eat too ..so if you have food, water and medicine and you want gold you can get all you want at your price, if the time comes.

/ What does one Trillion dollars look like? #16  
What would happen is folks will Barter / Trade for what they need...

And we won't be paying any taxes when we're barterin'/ tradin'!

/ What does one Trillion dollars look like? #17  
Dave ...you are exactly right..Look if the worse happens what good will gold or silver do anyone ?

What would happen is folks will Barter / Trade for what they need...Think about it ..Food, Water , Medicine and those are the basics. With the electricity off anyone who has a generator and fuel and a water well will have better than gold and the same for the person who has a stock pile of food or medicine or the land, equipment, seeds and know how to raise food...Gold and Silver will be of little to no value except to Countries conducting business, but for the average person trying to stay alive it will be meaningless. The ones with gold have to eat too ..so if you have food, water and medicine and you want gold you can get all you want at your price, if the time comes.

Well, there you go. I was thinking if I had a case of baked beans, and someone offered me gold for it when food was scarce, it would be a stupid trade - unless I had a hankerin' for a gold lined casket :)

Dan - I have heard of gold leaf chocolates and the like for folks who just need to do something unusual with their money. I was thinking silver is actually toxic ?
Dave.

/ What does one Trillion dollars look like? #18  
What does one Trillon dollars look like going up in flames?

Germany's currency got so worthless seems like they were burning it to stay warm.

/ What does one Trillion dollars look like?
Well, there you go. I was thinking if I had a case of baked beans, and someone offered me gold for it when food was scarce, it would be a stupid trade - unless I had a hankerin' for a gold lined casket :)

Dan - I have heard of gold leaf chocolates and the like for folks who just need to do something unusual with their money. I was thinking silver is actually toxic ?
Dave.

SIlver is actually good for you.

You know the silver spoon thing.....

/ What does one Trillion dollars look like? #20  

Dave.

I have no idea if silver is toxic if you eat it. And I don't think I will be eating or drinking gold or silver. :D

I HAVE been thinking about buying silver or gold as something to keep handy/investment so I can buy beans if I have too. :D Gold is around $1200 an ounce. Adjusted for inflation the peak price of gold back around 1980 was going for around $2200 an ounce. So it is possible for gold to climb higher. Which is hard to believe and rather scary. :eek:

Later,
Dan