Senior moment

/ Senior moment #1  

czechsonofagun

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B1750
My compressor stopped working while ago. It just would not turn on and I first didn't have time to tinker with it and later on decided it was probably dead.

It must have been a year or so and finally got to it, took it off the shelf under the roof to see if it could be fixed or salvaged for parts.

Well, the fix was much faster than getting it down.

Drum roll please:D

The thermal switch on the electrical motor was popped and the fix was to push it back in, duuh!

Feeling partially like an idiot and partially happy for the avoided expense - priceless:thumbsup:

/ Senior moment #2  
I have also had those senior moments, I really hate when that happens...

Makes you feel stupid or it does me anyway..

/ Senior moment #3  
I'll try to help you feel better. Sounds like a case of not really wanting to fool with the compressor vs. deciding to take a good look at it. It's a common problem with me. LOL

/ Senior moment #4  
Yep, kinda makes you feel dumb, but only for a minute or two, 'cause I figure anyone who hasn't done something similar hasn't worked with, or repaired, much machinery.:laughing:

/ Senior moment #5  
I have two lawn tractors, a newer John Deere and an older Poulan I got from my brother. I like the Poulan :), use it mostly to pull my cart. Well last fall the Poulan stopped going forward or backward, thought the transmission was kaput. Had a quick look but could not see anything obvious. As the John Deere is mostly used for mowing the lawn I did not have to rush to get the Poulan looked at. Had time about a month ago and notice the drive belt had broken. :eek: About $40.00 later for a new belt and a bit of time to install and she runs well. :thumbsup: Senior moments come and go but thankfully I don't have them to often. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Senior moment #6  
The thermal switch on the electrical motor was popped and the fix was to push it back in, duuh!

You Also!:laughing:

Did the same thing with my jointer motor. Had it removed before the thermal switch thing dropped on my head!:ashamed::eek::laughing:

/ Senior moment
You Also!:laughing:

Did the same thing with my jointer motor. Had it removed before the thermal switch thing dropped on my head!:ashamed::eek::laughing:

Ouch! :D

/ Senior moment #8  
Don't feel bad, feel lucky Prokop. Years ago when I was a radar instructor in the US Navy, one of my favorite things to do for a practical troubleshooting test was to remove a lamp and replace it with a burned out one. The students would troubleshoot everything, but never think to check the light bulb. I knew that was a good thing to do because I also had overlooked the obvious so many times in my career.

/ Senior moment #9  
Senior moment

By Gar Prokop; the nickel did fall finally, since when did you get old enough to start claiming rights designated to us truly Senior Folks!:laughing::laughing:

/ Senior moment
I hear you, Jim. How often I troubleshoot and forget to start with the simpliest solution.

We had problems with a car in that shop I worked in. It was 54 GTO I believe. The light in the dash was supposed to come on to indicate high beams and that blasted thing would be steady for 30 second and than start slowly flashing. We went over it backwards and forwards - and it was actually a fleshing bulb somebody put in the dashboard by accident. Took us half a day to figure that one out:)

Egon: Once I got closer to 50 than to 40? :D