The best large tractor ever built

/ The best large tractor ever built #1  

Scott_in_WVA

Gold Member
What in your opinion is the best large tractor ever built and why is it the best?

/ The best large tractor ever built #2  
Whew..there so many good models over the yearssss.

Growing in those summer hot hay fields and muddy spring times plus,I would have to say the Farmall H.
Why..it never let you down year around.

/ The best large tractor ever built #3  
Scott

Without a doubt the best large Tractor was the 1954 Lirpa XII. This was an opposed 12 Cylinder Diesel. It produced enormous amounts of torque, mainly because its 3" bore cylinders had a four foot stroke. It was, however, quite wide. In actuality only 11 cylinders produced power. The 12th cylinder fired into a resonator tube to simulate a one lunger. It made the old farmers feel at home. Power was transferred through a dual mode transmission. Push a lever forward and the transmission is gear driven, pull it back and it is hydrostatic. The tractor rode on two sets of tires. In the mud, ag tires. When on lawns the turf tires could be rotated into play. The tractor came from the factory with a gorgeous three tone paint job: green, blue, and orange. These tractors go for a premium at auction.

RonL

/ The best large tractor ever built #4  
Ok now. I think there is some leg pulling going on here./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ The best large tractor ever built
I would agree with you on that.....my grandpa use to have one!!!I thought I seen one on e-bay last year.I wish I never let that get by.

Thanks for bringing back some memories.
Scott