I'm I the only guy with a TV in his garage?

/ I'm I the only guy with a TV in his garage? #1  

lhfarm

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC40DA
The digital box now required by Comcast in my area died, so when I was in town, ran past the service center and picked up a new one. Got home and had to call to activate it (another rant I'll save for later). Called the number on the screen and the nice automated lady asked me questions and had me read the serial number.

Everything worked as it should and as I was about to hang up, she asked where the TV is located "for future reference". I replied "garage". She is confused and asked me again to state the room where the TV is located. I repeated "garage". She is not happy with me and names a whole bunch of rooms, but no garage or workshop. I could have lied, but she did give me the choice of "none of these."

I don't remember if she named "bathroom" either. I don't have one there, but I bet lots of people do. I wonder too why Comcast needs to know this at all (sorry, started to slip into a rant). Tried to discuss this with my wife. She thinks I'm crazy and that most people don't have a TV in their garage.

So do any of you have a TV in your garage or workshop?

/ I'm I the only guy with a TV in his garage? #2  
not one in the garage but have a stereo there. I do have a tv in the home office :thumbsup:

/ I'm I the only guy with a TV in his garage? #3  
For as little as I watch it, mine just as well be in the garage. :)

PS
But the garage is cooled with AC, and there is a beer fridge there. :D

Last edited:
   / I'm I the only guy with a TV in his garage? #4  
We have one in the tack room out in the barn

/ I'm I the only guy with a TV in his garage? #5  
<snip>

So do any of you have a TV in your garage or workshop?

The first thought I had when I read your thread title was that your wife had kicked you out of the house and you were going to have to live in the garage/workshop.:)

I use my shop mainly for carpentry projects. I'm afraid that a TV would suffer from the sawdust (my dust collection system is deficient) and that I might be distracted when I'm using saws, routers, etc.

Steve

/ I'm I the only guy with a TV in his garage? #6  
Right now anyway it's way too hot here to bother watching TV in the garage! If I'm outside of the A/C part of the house, there's gonna have to be a better reason than TV to be there! And there are lots of good reason, just TV isn't one of them.

/ I'm I the only guy with a TV in his garage? #8  
Nope im with ya. I have a 42" in the garage right next to the radio and the BEER box.

/ I'm I the only guy with a TV in his garage? #9  
Add me to the list of those with a TV in the garage.

You can't beat spring and summer nights in the garage, with neighbors, drinking beer and watching the Cardinal games.

The only downside is my wife gets a little upset she can't park in the garage those nights. No big deal, there are only about 150 Cardinal night games a year.:laughing:

/ I'm I the only guy with a TV in his garage? #10  
The only downside is my wife gets a little upset she can't park in the garage those nights. No big deal, there are only about 150 Cardinal night games a year.:laughing:

Oh, wow ... I thought you were talkin' football!!! :laughing: