Electric Razor

/ Electric Razor #1  

bigtiller

Tractor
JD 2720 & 3039R
I'm thinking of buying an electric razor. The one that caught my eye is a Braun Series 3.

Has anyone tried one and have pro's and con's. They are rather expensive.

/ Electric Razor #2  
I'm thinking of buying an electric razor. The one that caught my eye is a Braun Series 3.

Has anyone tried one and have pro's and con's. They are rather expensive.

I have a Braun 8585 with the foil and its the best razor I have owned. Quick and does a good job even on those whiskers under the jaws the go every direction. The one I have now is probably 6 or 7 years old. Just have to replace the head assembly every year or so for about $40.

/ Electric Razor #3  
Many, many years ago, Schick made the best electric razor, and then how many remember the Remington TV commercials "I liked it so much I bought comlpany"? I tried 3 of them and couldn't believe how bad they were. So in Dec. '02, I paid $100 for a Norelco 7825XL, and like Alan I replace the heads every year or year and a half. So far, so good, but never tried a Braun.

/ Electric Razor #4  
I haven't used a blade razor for decades. Your skin will take several weeks to get used to the electric.

/ Electric Razor #5  
yeah-- it can be tough to move between a razor and an electric...

When I was in the Corps, I often had little time to shave and even dry shaved alot in the field :eek: . When in garrison, I shaved with an electric and for inspections the full close shave with a razor and cream......

I have had Braun, remmington, norelco, and currently have a braun 4775.

For a razor, it is a Gillete Fusion, and the fusion power is okay...
BLADES are very $$$$....

Today, I think the Braun is ok... and I have had it for a couple of years...

I can't remember which one it was, but there was one that used the flush fluid to lubricate and clean the cutter when it was in the charger.. Will NEVER do that again! very $$$..

anyway....
this is one of those personal preferences and facial landscape things..
speed and closeness is what really counts..

Funny, I still dryshave.. and seems like a good shave is less than 2 minutes....

The more things change, the more they say the same.....
I never dry shave without a sharp blade though.....:D

J

/ Electric Razor #6  
Was a blade guy for years ... and years. About a year ago I switched to a Braun 8500 electric and used only it for the past year. I was never happy with the closeness of the shave. By mid day I felt and looked like I needed a shave (remember retired military) so several weeks ago I went back to a blade and more than satisfied. Several things I did change were first to use a gillette fusion razor, second to brush the shaving on and lastly to use a oil based aftershave. Face looks better, shaves are closer and rarely a nick or cut. That said i was happy with the Braun shaver just not the shave I got from any electric.