Hardware Store

/ Hardware Store #1  

CompactTractorFan

Tractor
Kubota BX25
Does anyone have an hardware store near them? I'm so happy that a hardware/industrial store opened about a mile down the road from me, so I can walk or ride my bike. I better watch it or I'll be going down everyday...:confused2:

/ Hardware Store #2  
Does anyone have an hardware store near them?

Depends on how you define "near". None within 25 minutes, but We have Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, Ace Hardware all within 30 minutes.

Probably better for our budget that there's some distance from the house to town...

/ Hardware Store #3  
I have one about 12 miles from me. I just bought $300.00 worth of clothes from them last month. When I poured my drive I bought my wire and rebar from them, for 35% less than Home Depot.

Scott

/ Hardware Store #4  
Use to visit one when living in Alameda Ca. Old family run store. Parking was a problem.

mark

/ Hardware Store #5  
Yes and no. Our house in town is just a 5 min walk from a large hardware/home center. Our farm is more like 16 miles from the nearest hardware store.

I guess when it comes down to it, neither one is very far.

Joe

/ Hardware Store #6  
Also depends on how how you define hardware store. Where you can still buy a single bolt or nut. Nails by the pound, and the people who work there don't have to call someone else to answer a simple question? Yes, and it isn't home depot or lowes. We have a real hardware store where I live where even the kids working there usually don't have to call for help and if they do it is because they really don't know and will try to find someone that doe's. The owner or manager that will need to call someone monday and to your amazement will really call you back and tell you where you can get it even if it is their competetor. Few and hard to find, but yes, where I live we still have one and I support them any time I can.

/ Hardware Store #8  
We have a little neighborhood hardware store about 6 blocks from us. Great asset to the neighborhood. :thumbsup:

/ Hardware Store #9  
The old hardware store I went to closed a couple of years ago. It was one of those places where as you entered the door you thought you were back 100 years in history.

The walls were lined from floor to ceiling with different sized oak front drawers. If you didn't see what you needed on display all you had to do was ask the owner for what you wanted and he'd go over to one of the drawers, open it and out would come just what you had a need for.

The owner died a few years back and no one ever reopened this "majic" place.

/ Hardware Store #10  
Been around 150 years or there abouts, 56 with current owner. Great place, with all the little things you'd never find at the box stores.

Placerville Hardware Store, Inc. - Fausel Ranch (Weddings, Cherries, & Peaches), Placerville Hardware Memorabilia, Gold Panning Supplies
Hardware Store on Main Street

Also depends on how how you define hardware store. Where you can still buy a single bolt or nut. Nails by the pound, and the people who work there don't have to call someone else to answer a simple question?