thread count

/ thread count #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
In 2008 I had 685 threads. In 2010, I have 697. I have posted many more times than that and was wondering what the count criteria is.

/ thread count #3  
In 2008 I had 685 threads. In 2010, I have 697. I have posted many more times than that and was wondering what the count criteria is.

The criteria for your post count (the number on the left under your name) is how many posts you have made. See here for a list of them. Also, note that the number is NOT the number of posts you had made at that point, it is the CURRENT total of posts which you have made.

The criteria for threadcount is how many threads you have started.

Aaron Z

/ thread count
Thank you aczlan for clearing that up. Since I tend to skim over stuff, I could not remember if I read something in the forum that post numbers were effected by what the administrators thought were inappropriate posts and first asked the question before I jumped to a false conclusion with all of the ramifications that comes along as it applies to myself concerning this forum...... Hr3, I hope your curiosity has been satisfied.

/ thread count #5  
at first I thought this would be about the thread count of sheets, now that would have been interesting

/ thread count
at first I thought this would be about the thread count of sheets, now that would have been interesting

lol, yes it would

/ thread count #7  
I show 47 threads started by you and about 700 total posts by you.

Hope that helps. :)

/ thread count
I show 47 threads started by you and about 700 total posts by you.

Hope that helps. :)

Ok, let me get this straight. I start a post. Every subsequent post by me has the same number no matter how many times I post after that? So if I post 10 times in that thread, I would still be only at say 500 ( If I started at 499) and not 510?

/ thread count #9  
Ok, let me get this straight. I start a post. Every subsequent post by me has the same number no matter how many times I post after that? So if I post 10 times in that thread, I would still be only at say 500 ( If I started at 499) and not 510?

The "Thread count" is the number of threads which YOU have started (threads where you were the first poster). That is ONLY incremented when you start a new thread.
The "Post count" is the number of times you have posted to any thread. That is incremented EVERY time you post to any thread. This is the number that is listed under your username on the left side of the page.

Aaron Z

/ thread count
Well then somethng is off. I have certainly posted more than 15 times since 2008.