OK...let's see those pyles!!

/ OK...let's see those pyles!! #21  
O.K. Here's some pics of last years pile in progress.

The "Holzhauzen" (wood house). Popular in Europe. Neat, cures fast, uses less space. Rather more labor intensive than I care for when stacking it.

Very impressive when done!

Harry K

/ OK...let's see those pyles!! #22  
Nice pyles everyone I am jealous!

I am not done piling mine up yet just got started a couple weeks ago for the house the real work is yet to come.

I have about a dozen 18-20" elms in the 40-50' range I took down last year I have to buck/split and bring home yet for the shop here pretty soon.

Its too dang hot right now still. I like chucking wood when its in the 30's to 40's not 80's. I may take a pic later who knows Ill probably forget by then?

/ OK...let's see those pyles!! #24  
This is an ongoing process...

I'm good for the next two winters. I will be starting to clear more once the fall/winter comes around and the woods get frozen. I also have lots of neighbours who want wind blown trees removed.

Attachments

• IMG_3645.JPG
    IMG_3645.JPG
    915.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3647.JPG
    IMG_3647.JPG
    853.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3652.JPG
    IMG_3652.JPG
    786.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3653.JPG
    IMG_3653.JPG
    791.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3654.JPG
    IMG_3654.JPG
    757.3 KB · Views: 99
   / OK...let's see those pyles!! #25  
By the looks you could have two man operation Lloyd. :)

/ OK...let's see those pyles!! #26  
By the looks you could have two man operation Lloyd. :)

I wish. Although the wife enjoys stacking wood and the kids do help - I usually end up doing it myself. I do enjoy it especially during the winter months and since I started about 22 years ago I never look at a tree for its obvious beauty... Ok initially I do!

Lloyd

/ OK...let's see those pyles!! #27  
O.K. Here's some pics of last years pile in progress.

Mossman, I always wanted to do a stack like that.. now I may. The only thing I would do differently is have the bark side of log on top - it sheds water... took me many years to figure this out and an old fellow who dropped by to look at my new tractor several years ago! He said it protects the wood, wicks the moisture faster and looks better too!

lloyd

/ OK...let's see those pyles!! #28  
Mossman, I always wanted to do a stack like that.. now I may. The only thing I would do differently is have the bark side of log on top - it sheds water... took me many years to figure this out and an old fellow who dropped by to look at my new tractor several years ago! He said it protects the wood, wicks the moisture faster and looks better too!

lloyd

I try to keep the bark side up if possible, but its more like a puzzle to get the pieces to sit in there tight. There are plenty of stories on the internet about stacks like mine falling over. :laughing:

/ OK...let's see those pyles!! #29  
I don't cover my stack - have no wood shed at all. I guess you guys up north have to cover it otherwise you can't find it in the wintertime.

/ OK...let's see those pyles!!
Nice Lawn Boy Lloyd.