What Are The Rules on Christmas Music?

/ What Are The Rules on Christmas Music? #1  

Iplayfarmer

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1215, Case 801B
Now that it's November, I'm looking forward to Christmas music. You can have all the department store Santas and the shameless marketing, but I love Christmas music.

I think part of the fun is that it's seasonal and only popular for a short time each year. My personal rule is that I can listen to Christmas music after Halloween without feeling bad about it. I'll usually wait until after Thanksgiving to play any at work. I made an exception this year since I inherited a few Christmas CDs from my grandpa's estate. I listened to his old Manheim Steamroller and Henry Mancini CDs all the way through and then put them away. As soon as I get home from work tonight, though, I'm playing them again along with Boston Pops, Dallas Brass, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and Nat King Cole.

What are your rules about Christmas music? When do you start listening?

/ What Are The Rules on Christmas Music? #2  
I don't want to come off like Scrooge, but I quickly tire of Xmas music. So listening to it on December 24 and 25 is more than sufficient for me.

Steve

/ What Are The Rules on Christmas Music? #3  
I like Christmas music at Christmas. Maybe a week or so before and that's it. :thumbsup:

/ What Are The Rules on Christmas Music? #4  
I say music is music, listen to it as much and when ever you want, as long as you're not forcing it on others. I don't care for rap, punk and some other crap, and really get mad when the punk next to me at a light has to have it so loud I can't carry on a conversation with my wife in my own car, with windows up.

/ What Are The Rules on Christmas Music? #5  
Since my parents and my wifes parents have passed away...I can't stand to hear the Christmas song..." I'll be home for Christmas " ..other than that one song , which I turn off when it comes on, I enjoy the happy ones.

/ What Are The Rules on Christmas Music? #6  
No Christmas music permitted prior to the day after Thanksgiving. And I miss the days when that was the start point for Christmas sales, Christmas decorations, etc....

/ What Are The Rules on Christmas Music? #7  
Yes, it does get tiresome.

/ What Are The Rules on Christmas Music? #8  
Now that it's November, I'm looking forward to Christmas music. You can have all the department store Santas and the shameless marketing, but I love Christmas music.

I think part of the fun is that it's seasonal and only popular for a short time each year. My personal rule is that I can listen to Christmas music after Halloween without feeling bad about it. I'll usually wait until after Thanksgiving to play any at work. I made an exception this year since I inherited a few Christmas CDs from my grandpa's estate. I listened to his old Manheim Steamroller and Henry Mancini CDs all the way through and then put them away. As soon as I get home from work tonight, though, I'm playing them again along with Boston Pops, Dallas Brass, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and Nat King Cole.

What are your rules about Christmas music? When do you start listening?

If it lifts your spirits, more power too ya. I myself, tend to enjoy it more in ealry December, especially if we get an early snow.

/ What Are The Rules on Christmas Music? #9  
None as far as I know its not a pc issue yet even then I wouldn't care Id listen anyway. :thumbsup:

I listen to Fox news radio all day at work so don't hear any on the radio although we play some in the cars and on the weekend at the house about this time of year we have our favorite artists that makes it more enjoyable.

Some Christmas songs are actually better sang by someone other than who first did them jmho.

/ What Are The Rules on Christmas Music? #10  
No Christmas music permitted prior to the day after Thanksgiving. And I miss the days when that was the start point for Christmas sales, Christmas decorations, etc....

Same here. Love Christmas and Christmas music...at Christmas time.

I was in Lowe's about two weeks ago, and they were putting up their Christmas trees for display. Before Halloween, even. That ain't right.