Today's Project Time

/ Today's Project Time #1  

CompactTractorFan

Tractor
Kubota BX25
I would like to start a thread like "Today's Seat Time", but for projects that do not involve tractors. Example: home repairs, property care, gardening, equipment maintenance...etc...

/ Today's Project Time #2  
It may be a little late, but yesterday, I did electrical work and some framing for a new storage room in my grandpa's barn. Sorry, no pictures, but I will try to get some soon. :thumbsup: I can say that the weather was cold and the lumber was sopping wet.

/ Today's Project Time
It may be a little late, but yesterday, I did electrical work and some framing for a new storage room in my grandpa's barn. Sorry, no pictures, but I will try to get some soon. :thumbsup: I can say that the weather was cold and the lumber was sopping wet.

Great, the first reply!!! :thumbsup: I hope this thread ends up being as long as "Today's Seat Time". (or Eddie Walker's lake thread :laughing:)

/ Today's Project Time #4  
I replaced the diverter for the hand sprayer under my kitchen sink. The original was leaking at the sprayer connection and Price-Pfister sent me a replacement free under my lifetime warranty.

/ Today's Project Time #5  
Deer jerky, today and tomorrow and who knows. I have 15 pounds mixed and curing and have to dry it.

/ Today's Project Time #6  
Nothing too exciting- finished the tile backsplash in the kitchen (nothing like an impending holiday to get 'er done) and built a nice plywood box for my smoking wood after the beloved cardboard one fell apart.:laughing:

/ Today's Project Time #7  
Build the second half of our club website, the private one. Since it is gonna rain today, seems like a good time.

/ Today's Project Time #8  
Deer jerky,

Any chance of seeing the Recipe and how you dry the jerky? Thanks.:D

Today I'm gonna change oil in the truck and tractor. Replace the truck fuel filter and try and hook up the fuel water indicator. The parts have been sitting in the shop for two years now!:D

/ Today's Project Time #9  
Good Morning, Egon:

It is quite simple actually. I use Hi Mountain mix, we like the mesquite the best but I experiment with other flavors too.

As far as drying and the production, I am still searching. I used to do muscle jerky, lot of work and gone fast, but my friend inspired me and now I grind the meat and mix it, let it sit and dry it in the oven.

I should have a smoker, but that's future.

Now to shape the jerky, this year I experimented with good old rolling pin. You roll the mix flat on aluminum foil covered cookie sheet, cut strips in it with pizza cutter and dry it in the oven say 200 - 220F for two hours. It helps to flip the piece every so often to speedup the drying; the pizza cutter will not actually separate the meat, just create breaking lines for dried jerky.

Yesterday I tried to form jerky with sausage stuffer on my KitchenAid mixer. It disposes link of meat again on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum and the oven drying is the same. That works fairly well, it is a bit of PITA to get the meat link line up on the sheet, but it works well enough.

I don't have a jerky gun, but that's probably the best way to lay down this mix. Jerky gun and some drying racks for the oven and I will be all set.

Now when I was doing muscle jerky, I hung it from skewers from the oven rack, the great advantage was it was drying larger quantities at once.