The last ride

/ The last ride #1  

Turfman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
Finally sold the house and we are still waiting for the new one to be built. We are moving into a little house for the 5 month wait. Tomorrow I take my Kubota, Rising Sun, to my sister's house for a long storage in her husbands shop. So tomorrow is the final ride for a while.

When I get it back Rising Sun will have a nice (heated) shop to sleep and rest in between jobs.

Kind of like sending the wife off for 5 months, except the guys still can't come over for poker parties.

/ The last ride #2  
Hope the ride shall be a smooth one,also the distance not to far.

By the sounds when spring rolls around,you and the bota will make up for the time apart. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ The last ride #3  
Hi Turfman, curious about your situation. We are currently living in a very old mobile home that is temporary (in more ways then one) until we pay off our land and then a new home can get started. We still need to get some plans going, but our big problem is that the mobile home sits partially where a new home will be situated. So, what do you do, attempt to move this old beast(s) a double mobile home that probably won't survive a 50' move, go find a place to rent as you have decided to do or, maybe we build a "shop" a nice shop, one with a bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, laundry, dining room, library, game room, oh wait, I'm dreaming, just a livable shop that could revert to a shop after a home is built. My wifes for it, its just a matter of finding out if the local goverment will consider us worthy. Hope your transtion works out really well for you and the new house brings as few headaches as possible. Rat...

/ The last ride #4  
Hey Rat,
Soem friends over here were in a similar situation. They had to move a double wide about 12' to the side and 10' forward so they could build thier house. They thought the mobile might fall apart. But, the moving company was able to move it with very little affect to the structure. I know it was not cheap, but I do not remember the price. I could finsd out for you if you'd like.

/ The last ride #5  
Rat, I think you might be surprised at how moveable some of those old mobiles are. You might make a deal with a local mover that will move it for you, then you give it to him when you are ready to move it off your property. There was a REALLY old mobile on our property that we moved about 18 mos. ago. It had been on the site for about 20+ years, and it was old when the previous owners bought it. It had a pink toilet, pink tub, pink sink, etc. So about 45 years old, I guess. The windows and doors were either all broken or left open and racoons and misc. critters had taken over. Talk about a mess! It still had the old hubs underneath, and a couple looked broken to me. But I offered it for free to a guy who worked for a MH mover, and he hauled it 30 miles for a young couple that needed a place to live. Made it with no problems. Didn't cost me a cent. A friend of mine moved a 50 ft. mobile 40+ years old about 3 miles down the road to his farm with his old Ford 800 series diesel tractor. Amazing.

/ The last ride #6  
   / The last ride #7  
Thanks guys, I suppose its always worth a try, the worst thing is tearing the two apart. It leaked so bad that I got up there, removed the joing cap ridge and Henry'd the daylights out of it. I would have to find more wheels and tires, redo the sewage line, water and power should be no problem. Anyway, we'll see. It will be a chore to get it done. Thanks, Rat...