Christmas Vacation Ideas

/ Christmas Vacation Ideas #41  
Thanks again everyone for all your advice. Right now, it's looking like my passport isn't going to be here in time. It might, but I'm not comfortable making plans on having it in time for the trip.

We're talking Florida right now, but haven't ruled out Hawaii or the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. Anything else out there?

Thank you,
Eddie

I've been to the 4 you mentioned and I would recommend them all. My take is you are looking for a little more "commercial" vacation, with many tourist options. That being the case, I would go with Florida or Hawaii. Hawaii will be a long flight both ways, and you have to fly or cruise to the other islands. You could fly to Miami, (quick flight) rent a car, drive down the keys to Key West, stop and do whatever you like on the way....swim with dolphins, all kinds of fishing, snorkeling/scuba, kayak, jetski, sail, paraglide, etc. etc. Multiple restaurants and bars/nightlife.
Key West alone will keep you busy for a few days with all the sights, and has some nice beaches/hotels.

Good luck searching!

Frank

/ Christmas Vacation Ideas #42  
I'm going to the Keys on the cruise I'm doing in mid December. My second home is in Miami, but I still enjoy the keys whenever I get a chance to go. If you do end up in Key West, go down to Mallory Square at dusk. It is usually nutty and fun to see the happenings. Just be sure to check on rooms as it can get pretty booked during the Holidays.

If you end up driving down, St. Augustine also is a pretty quaint place to visit too. It is very low key and has some pretty areas to visit. Only problem is it may be chilly depending on when you go there. I was there this weekend and it was a bit nippy.

/ Christmas Vacation Ideas #43  
I'm thinking about getting away to some place tropical for the Christmas Holiday. Probably the week after Christmas, to include New Years. I've been seeing a girl who is also very excited about this idea, and we've been trying to come up with where we want to go. We both want a warm beach location with a fance pool and nice rooms. Touristy type things would be a bonus, but mostly we just want to be in a place that is very relaxing.

My passport expired in May of this year and I'm gonna work on getting it renewed. I might not have enough time for this, so that will be an important consideration. Florida, Hawaii and the US Virgin Islands come to mind for domestic locations.

All inclusive resorts for adults are my favorite. I'm not sure about a cruise, but we've talked about that too.

We'll be flying out of DFW in the Dallas area.

Europe is an option too, but only if I can get my passport in time.

Where have you been that you would recomend?

Where do you want to go? and why?

What site do you go to for travel deals?

Thank you,
Eddie

Good ole South Padre Island can be great. 50,000 snowbirds can't be all wrong. Can they?

/ Christmas Vacation Ideas #44  
Hey Eddie...

My vote for a new relationship is Hawaii or Florida... your still on US soil and not a foreigner in a foreign land.

I love Europe but would hesitate to take someone new there unless you really want to get to know them in a hurry... travel and foreign language, money and the high cost of everything can make for a stressful time especially if you have different interest... anyway... much of Europe is very cold this time of year unless you like to ski.. besides... the Dollar is in the tank so sticker shock everywhere.

Passports are a real pain these days... Sister in Law got one in 48 hours, paid an arm and a leg for the service and made two trips to the SF Passport Office.

Niece needed to renew hers and 13 weeks and it had not arrived... I called our local Senator who told me it takes time... till I said it's been 13 weeks and it would be a shame that a 9 year old will have to stay home while the entire family including Grandparents enjoy a fly away vacation... she had it the next day by courier.

Taken a few vacations where I learned more than I wanted to about someone I was dating... in hindsight, it was a good thing in the long run.

Hey... a few days ago I posted "What would Eddie Walker do" in a thread... didn't here from you and figured you had already left.

Cold and Frosty in Hayward the last few days... what a change from the World Series when it was full summer weather.