It's just a week.......

/ It's just a week....... #1  

wroughtn_harv

Tractor
2013 Volvo MC85C
It\'s just a week.......

But we're going to enjoy it.

In about an hour we're out of here heading west. We're heading west of Phoenix to visit my dad. And then we're going north of there to the Verde Valley where I was born to visit relatives. And then it'll be back to the grind the eleventh.

Yes we voted early. It's too important to miss this one.

We're taking the scenic route. My wife wants to see what I've been up to in Weatherford at the high school so we're going by there this morning for breakfast. Then it'll be hwy 180 west until the sun sets.

We're hoping to spend the night in Cloudcroft New Mexico. We came through there some years ago and fell in love with it. Then it'll be following the scenic route and whim into Arizona.

I wish it was in the truck but this year we're taking the Bravada. We really like taking the truck. If you find something you like. You pick it up and take it with you./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

They're saying we're gonna have a mild winter because of el nino again. But if we wasn't next month after the new truck's hopefully done it would be fun to take it and a dual tandmen gooseneck to Datyl New Mexico for some Pinon firewood. I've got a standing offer from a dealer there. He'll give me two for one, cords of Pinon for cords of oak. I've got a bud who's got the oak and will supply it if I'll supply the hauling for a fifty fifty split. Oak goes for a hundred and fifty or so a cord here. Pinon goes for three times that. But firewood only is a real hit when it's a cold winter.

My dad's online. So if I find some kewl pictures of tractors or something else ya'll might like I'll see if I can put it on for grins or maybe a yearn or two. For those up north, the weather channel just said Phoenix is going to be eighty today.

It's just sad that such nice weather means tons of people and terrain as ugly as it can get.

/ It's just a week....... #2  
Re: It\'s just a week.......

<font color=red>We really like taking the truck. If you find something you like. You pick it up and take it with you.</font color=red>

You got a hitch? If so thats what UHaul is for./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Find something nice, rent the trailer, head on home. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif Wish I could take a drive down there. I could realy use some rust free car parts, or whole cars. Only problem is it would take me about a week to get there from NY. Well, one of these years.

/ It's just a week....... #3  

Good luck W_Harv, and have a safe trip. I am sure that you and your wife will have a great time.

/ It's just a week....... #4  

Well Harv I'll be sure to keep the fires burnin' here in the cold damp burbs of Big D while you're gone. And I will be sure to cancel out your votes tomorrow /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. Phoenix is great but anywhere you can cook a thick steak to well-done on the hood of your car in 5 minutes is too darn hot for me. (I know, "but it's a DRY heat"). The wife grew up in NM and is indeed beautiful there. What really amazed me is when we went to the other side of the Sandia Mts. from Albuquerque and saw the difference in the landscape. Nice and green with tall spruce and pines with the other side (Alb.) being desert. Have a safe trip and enjoy yourselves.

/ It's just a week.......

Thanks Don. I'm really glad I voted early for sure!!!!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

We drove to Las Cruces yesterday. I tell you the wet and fog followed us like a lonely puppy until we were well on this side of the mountains. Always just a step or two ahead of us it seemed.

This morning we headed back up I25 to NM152 and then went west. I highly recommend the drive. There are tons of ten mile an hour hairpins. Miss Glenda got a little seasick.

In Hillsboro NM something along the road caught my eye. If I can figure out how to downsize the pictures with dad's software I'll post some pictures of some totally neat equipment.

Six, yup, one more than five, one horse mowers along with two cord wood saws just like the one that mangled my dad's dad's hand. And there is the neatest scoop you ever seen for moving dirt. It's sorta like a three point dirt scoop like they have at TSC but it's a one horse earlier version.

Then there's the thing. I've showed the picture to dad and he's baffled. I suspect it's a compressor of sorts. It'll have the guys like Thomas scratching and grinning like they're covered with happy dust.

I've also grabbed a couple of pictures of the San Rita copper mine. It's a whole nother kind of hole let me tell you. If we had it in Texas we could put Alaska back in her place./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I missed taking a picture in Mineral Wells of the neatest things most of ya'll would just love. One of them was a road grader that looked like some old boy with a touch more southern engineering sense than most of us had went to his limit. It looked like a 9N that he'd built a stretched out frame and blade for a road grader. It was just simply cool to the max.

There was also this place where it looked like an old boy made attachments for tractors. He'd made a leveling bucket like you'd drag behind a large crawler. But what made it really interesting to me was he had some teeth that could be lowered for scarifying.

Just about the time you think you've seen the limit of tractormagination you turn a corner and you're completely blown away.

Dave, It's World Fence News. The editor sent an email saying they loved the story and they suspected some of their readers would too. We're working on a couple of more for them. They have an online presence and they do put some of their stuff from the magazine on it. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a chance for my best critics to read it./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif