Bad ending to an otherwise good day.

/ Bad ending to an otherwise good day. #11  
You hit the nail on the head - NO ONE WAS HURT. There are no sweeter words than those. I got a call from the wife one day and said she was hit head on and the driver from south of the border ran away.

My wife wondered why I had a smile on my face that couldn't be wiped off even after seeing the car. I said you are alright and I could give two cents about anything else.

Hug your boys a little extra hard tonight knowing how quickly that who situation could have gone 1000 time worse.

Yep some people wonder how a situation like that can make one HAPPY - well now you know, because NO ONE WAS HURT.

You just received the greatest Christmas gift you could have asked for.

/ Bad ending to an otherwise good day.
Well put . I was commended by the first responders for keeping a cool head and I told them thank you but it would have turned out much different had 1 of my boys been hurt. Just a bad fender bender we were lucky. Though weather I have a rig is still in the air.

Just an update looks like the insurance company is going to wave my deductible IF they decide to fix the Durango still not sure what's happening because the adjuster is backed up and hasn't been able to get over and look at it. On the up side they gave me a rental and I must say I feel a little spoiled as I'm driving a fairly new fully loaded Chrysler 300 . Nice ride but I miss the SUV

/ Bad ending to an otherwise good day. #14  
Glad your are ok at least the trailer didtn get damaged. I probably woudnt have been so cool about it. I was in an accident a few years ago with an illegal with no insurance. He was in a little car and ran over my dump truck. at a atop light. He drove off but the reciver hitch tore a hole i nthe radiator. He didnt make it far. The police didnt seem to investigate it. I had it towed to a friends impound. After 90 doys it was sold for scrap. Paid for my tail lights

I stayed cool . Had one of my boys been hurt it would have been a whole other story . So it's sounding iffy as to weather they will fix the Durango adjuster has to finish assessment on Monday but he said there was quite a bit of damage and he had to go back and finish up on Monday and "crunch some numbers" doesn't sound to good.

Just an update the 03 Durango was a total loss I have finance a used 05 with the 5.7 hemi