Bad ending to an otherwise good day.

/ Bad ending to an otherwise good day. #1  

ljellio

Bronze Member
Tractor
cub cadet 149 and 124
So I started my day off with excitement going to pick up my home built dump trailer from my brothers after he called to let me know he finished up welding and running the hydraulic lines and it was all set I picked it up and was over the moon that my idea worked so well and is now ready for a deck and testing. I then went to grab a bit of fire wood ( just what I could fit in the back of the during as my 4x8 trailer was full of dump trailer) and help Dad move things around so he could get his truck in his garage . After tinkering with him lunch and a nice visit me and my 2 boys headed for home to unload trailer clean stove pipe and get a fire going. We had a snow squall go through so I was in no real Hurry . Well I get t to our wooden 1 lane covered bridge (maybe 2 ish miles from home and then the day tames a turn for the worse I get almost all the way through the bridge and here comes a young guy in a poniac sunfire down the hill unable to stop on the slippery road and me with no where to go on a 1 lane covered. Ridge and crunch . Broken front spindle crushed in fender Inner fender bumper smashed headlight and who knows what else. And to top it all of the guy has no insurance. I am very thankful nobody was hut especially my boys but now I'm sitting home with no rig till tomorrow when I can hopefully get a rental. What a pita ! On a positive note I was able to show my dump trailer off the the first responders and they thought it was fantastic! And 1 of them towed my trailer home for me . So if it gets above 20 degrees today I will go out and takes some pictures to post. What resolution should I use so the pictures will not be to big to post? Thanks for taming the time to read I know this isn't a rant at will forum but I'm stuck at home and needed to wine to somebody.

/ Bad ending to an otherwise good day. #2  
Holy smoke! Glad you are okay. It's a shame your day was ruined by an irresponsible person who should not have been on the road in the first place. I hope you have some kind of uninsured motorist coverage and only have a deductible to pay. The most important thing is you and your boys are safe.:thumbsup:

BTW: I usually try to reduce the size of my photos to 800 x 600 pixels to post here and also use jpeg reduction of 50% - 60%. That seems to work well for resolution and file sizes are around 100 kBytes, plus or minus a few kBytes.

/ Bad ending to an otherwise good day.
Yes I have full coverage which includes uninsured motorists. Unfortunately it is not mandatory to carry insurance in NewHampshire. Nice enough kid and wasn't really driving like an idiot but man. Thanks for the info on pics I haven't posted pics before so I will do my best.

/ Bad ending to an otherwise good day. #4  
Yes I have full coverage which includes uninsured motorists. Unfortunately it is not mandatory to carry insurance in NewHampshire. Nice enough kid and wasn't really driving like an idiot but man. Thanks for the info on pics I haven't posted pics before so I will do my best.
If you have problems posting, just let us know... for a hint, just scroll down below the "submit reply" button to the "manage attachments" ;)

/ Bad ending to an otherwise good day. #5  
On a positive note I was able to show my dump trailer off the the first responders and they thought it was fantastic! And 1 of them towed my trailer home for me .

It must have not been that bad of a day...:)

i just posted pics over in hydraulics under my original post. if interested.

/ Bad ending to an otherwise good day. #7  
Darn shame to end weekend..hopefully youngster learn lesson.

I thought if some one has bank loan on auto in NH must have insurance???

Yes if financed you need insurance I'm betting the car was paid off . Don't know for sure guess my insurance company will have to find out .

/ Bad ending to an otherwise good day. #9  
Just for general information, who has the right of way on a 1 lane bridge?

First one there, vehicle going uphill, downhill, or does it go by weight?

Well generally I think it's a first come type thing but considering I was better than 3/4 of the way through I would say I had the right of way . And that is how the state trooper felt as well. I have been know to wait my turn and enter the bridge only to have someone out of state pull on the bridge as well and get mad at me for making them back up.