This is AMAZING

/ This is AMAZING #1  

Cat_Driver

Elite Member
Tractor
2016 Kubota 4060, 2017 Tackeuchi excavator TB260
With all the snow in NY, the unions told drivers to keep their bladed HIGHER so as not to have clean streets. And......

Wake up America

Selfish Sanitation Department bosses from the snow-slammed outer boroughs ordered their drivers to snarl the blizzard cleanup to protest budget cuts -- a disastrous move that turned streets into a minefield for emergency-services vehicles, The Post has learned.

Miles of roads stretching from as north as Whitestone, Queens, to the south shore of Staten Island still remained treacherously unplowed last night because of the shameless job action, several sources and a city lawmaker said, which was over a raft of demotions, attrition and budget cuts.

"They sent a message to the rest of the city that these particular labor issues are more important," said City Councilman Dan Halloran (R-Queens), who was visited yesterday by a group of guilt-ridden sanitation workers who confessed the shameless plot.

Halloran said he met with three plow workers from the Sanitation Department -- and two Department of Transportation supervisors who were on loan -- at his office after he was flooded with irate calls from constituents.

The snitches "didn't want to be identified because they were afraid of retaliation," Halloran said. "They were told [by supervisors] to take off routes [and] not do the plowing of some of the major arteries in a timely manner. They were told to make the mayor pay for the layoffs, the reductions in rank for the supervisors, shrinking the rolls of the rank-and-file."

New York's Strongest used a variety of tactics to drag out the plowing process -- and pad overtime checks -- which included keeping plows slightly higher than the roadways and skipping over streets along their routes, the sources said.

The snow-removal snitches said they were told to keep their plows off most streets and to wait for orders before attacking the accumulating piles of snow.

/ This is AMAZING #2  
How am I not surprised to see more union thuggery. :confused2:

/ This is AMAZING #3  
I am reminded "what goes around comes around"...would be fitting if one of those plow drivers had his home burn down, or someone in their family have a heart attack and be too late getting to the hospital because the roads they should have cleared were impassable.

Mean spirited thoughts perhaps, but...when you are paid to do a job, you are responsible for doing it, period.

/ This is AMAZING #4  
I heard this on the radio today. If it's true it's #$%! offensive. Why can't people just treat others the way they would themselves like to be treated, with respect, courtesy and honor. GGRRR.:mad:

/ This is AMAZING #5  
I heard this on the radio today. If it's true it's #$%! offensive. Why can't people just treat others the way they would themselves like to be treated, with respect, courtesy and honor. GGRRR.:mad:
Umm, you ever been in New York City?

/ This is AMAZING #6  
How could this be a valid tactic for the union if the city didn't know what the union was doing? In other words, for this to have had any benefit to the union, wouldn't they have had to let the city leaders know what they were doing, and be in negotiations with the city?

I can understand the revenge thing, but any moron could see this would only hurt the unions position and reputation, and strengthen the cities.

/ This is AMAZING #7  
Several people in the city DIED because rescue people could not get through, including a new-born infant, and a woman was stuck in her apartment with her dead father's body for 16 hours. Guess the union showed THEM who's boss....

/ This is AMAZING #8  
Those who gave these orders need to be "FIRED" and quickly. If I lived in "The City" I'd be demanding it with a very loud voice. I spent over 30 years dealing with union's and this is clearly an effort to waste city money and should be dealt swiftly and finally.

/ This is AMAZING #10  
Thanks for starting this thread and all the posts on it.