110V Electrical Question

/ 110V Electrical Question #21  
When you say 110v, is the receptacle two wire or three wire (with a ground)?

/ 110V Electrical Question #22  
Is it possible the outlets are wired in series vs. parallel?

/ 110V Electrical Question #23  
I doubt it but I have seem most anything in in my 30 years as an electrician.
Series would mean 1/2 the voltage through each item not full line voltage.

tom

/ 110V Electrical Question #24  
It could be possible. The circuit works fine until there are multiple loads.

/ 110V Electrical Question #25  
Before you start into this, I'd flip the receptacle circuit breaker on and off a few times, pull it out and re-seat it, and if you feel brave, tighten the wire connection to it. If you really feel brave, tighten your grounds and neutrals in the panel. After the circuit breaker check, proceed with the voltage checks the guys are asking about. Also, you may have a wire connection on a receptacle that is not up to par.

Good suggestions. Since he says he's not familiar with electrical work I would point out you should flip the main breaker off before doing anything in the panel and remember everything before the main breaker is always hot, and dangerous.

It is also possible the circuit breaker is simply bad and trips too easy. Not very common but I had one that would trip on a very small load and replacing the breaker fixed the problem. For the relatively low cost you could try swapping in a new one.

/ 110V Electrical Question #26  

If they were wired in series, you'd need to plug something into every outlet to have a complete circuit.

My bet is a bad ground where the 110v is split off the 220v box that feeds the welder plug.

/ 110V Electrical Question
When you say 110v, is the receptacle two wire or three wire (with a ground)?

Well I guess the best way to tell is pull one out and look at it ...

/ 110V Electrical Question
GreaseMonkey ... you got a shop on Hwy 48???