COP 357 4 shot derenger

/ COP 357 4 shot derenger #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
anyone got one of these and looking to sell it.. or konw of one for sale? I'm looking to get one.

thanks

soundguy

Attachments

• cop357.jpg
    cop357.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 654
   / COP 357 4 shot derenger #2  
I do not recall ever seeing one like that. Good luck to you. If you find two, let me know, I might want one too.

/ COP 357 4 shot derenger #3  
Soundguy, I shot one of those back in the 90s.

They kick like a mule with 357s, and its only a close up derringer.

The collector value on that gun is pretty high:D

/ COP 357 4 shot derenger
as if there is any other 'good range for a derrenger :)

i figure to test it with 38's.. and load it with 357's for keeping by the night stand.

I did by the way, find one at this past weekends gun show. guy said he had 3 of them and brought 1 to sell...

soundguy

/ COP 357 4 shot derenger #5  
Why not just use a S&W 357 or a 45 auto, they are more accurate than the cop derringer and they carry a few more bullets?

In the dark the cop derringer throws a heck of a fireball ... that would blind you after the first round.

If you are wanting it for the cool factor, that's OK too.

My night stand piece is a G34 with a surefire light
When things go bump in the dark I want every advantage !

Last edited:
   / COP 357 4 shot derenger #6  
Glad you found the derringer. Personally, I find the derringer a bit awkward to handle, especially when you are still half asleep. My personal preference for bedside is the Taurus Judge, 5 shot revolver loaded with Winchester's new .410 disc shot shells. Hope neither of us ever need to use it.

/ COP 357 4 shot derenger #7  
Why not just use a S&W 357 or a 45 auto, they are more accurate than the cop derringer and they carry a few more bullets?

My thoughts too...I own a number of very small guns for concealed carry, but on the nightstand, where size isn't an issue- 13 round .40 P99 Walther or an 8 round .45 P220 Sig with tritium sights, and standing by the bed an 8 round semiauto Mossberg 930SPX 12G with a very bright LED weapons light :thumbsup:

In the dark the cop derringer throws a heck of a fireball ... that would blind you after the first round.

If you are wanting it for the cool factor, that's OK too.

My night stand piece is a G34 with a surefire light
When things go bump in the dark I want every advantage !

as a rule, I don't like small hand cannons, thus I've never picked up a 357 revolver. especially not a night stand or carry piece. it would have to be a snubby.. and well.. I just wouldn't want that much bang in that little package. I do however have a smith 38 by the bedside and the wife has a taurus 38 by the bedside. over the bed is a trusty mosberg 500 12g pump.

the cop 357 is a darn heavy gun.. heavy enough to make a 357 fireable... I also like that I CAN load it with the common 38's I already have. and I do like the cool factor. ( I think the wife has a NAA 22lr or 22hornet / mag in a lil zipper case in her nightstand drawer too.. mind you that would be the last thing I'd go fo in case of an emergency.

between the firepower mentioned there I should have enough time to retrieve other self defense weapons hidden nearby.. I also am a very.. very light sleeper... gnat farts and mosquito breath wakes me up... ( unfortunately ).. add to that that we have 7 dogs.. some in the house, some in the pasture and some on the porch.. good furry burgler alarms.. and they sleep lighter than I do...

( if I was serious about another hand cannon.. I'd get a python with at least 6" bbl for 357... I have an anaconda in .44m as well as a .500SWM and a .50AE all 3 in long bbl format )

soundguy

/ COP 357 4 shot derenger #9  
as a rule, I don't like small hand cannons, thus I've never picked up a 357 revolver. especially not a night stand or carry piece. it would have to be a snubby.. and well.. I just wouldn't want that much bang in that little package. I do however have a smith 38 by the bedside and the wife has a taurus 38 by the bedside. over the bed is a trusty mosberg 500 12g pump.

the cop 357 is a darn heavy gun.. heavy enough to make a 357 fireable... I also like that I CAN load it with the common 38's I already have. and I do like the cool factor. ( I think the wife has a NAA 22lr or 22hornet / mag in a lil zipper case in her nightstand drawer too.. mind you that would be the last thing I'd go fo in case of an emergency.

between the firepower mentioned there I should have enough time to retrieve other self defense weapons hidden nearby.. I also am a very.. very light sleeper... gnat farts and mosquito breath wakes me up... ( unfortunately ).. add to that that we have 7 dogs.. some in the house, some in the pasture and some on the porch.. good furry burgler alarms.. and they sleep lighter than I do...

( if I was serious about another hand cannon.. I'd get a python with at least 6" bbl for 357... I have an anaconda in .44m as well as a .500SWM and a .50AE all 3 in long bbl format )

soundguy

In another post I mentioned that I'm careful about what I divulge on a public forum; call me paranoid but what's next to the bedstand is the kind of thing I try to keep private. (although the slide action would be a dead giveaway to one item at hand, if anyone came through my door.)

if someone comes in my house at night. I want them to know that they have a good chance of going out in a zippered black bag, or on a bus with flashing lights.. I make no qualms about rigid self defense.

someone attacks me or my familly.. they have just waived all their rights to life... period.. I'll stop shooting when the threat to me and mine is gone. and not before.

if a bad guy gets hurt.. too bad for him. he had other choices... like doing the right thing and not being a criminal... at least for now.. the state I live in backs that up pretty well. florida is self defense friendly...

soundguy