What makes Facebook worth 50 billion

/ What makes Facebook worth 50 billion #1  

Hooked_on_HP

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1900 FWD Kubota F2100E
Can some one tell me in simple terms what makes facebook worth 50 billion. They don't make any thing. They don't sell any thing. Is the advertisement worth that much or is other info being sold. I am pertty much computer illeterate and can't understand how it could be worth so much.
Bill

/ What makes Facebook worth 50 billion #2  
It's not "worth" $50 billion. It's just "valued" at $50 billion. :laughing:

/ What makes Facebook worth 50 billion #3  
Can some one tell me in simple terms what makes facebook worth 50 billion. They don't make any thing. They don't sell any thing. Is the advertisement worth that much or is other info being sold. I am pertty much computer illeterate and can't understand how it could be worth so much.
Bill

I think one of the ideas is: that with the HUGE number of ppl on FB, the advertisements would/could/maybe generate tons of income..

Brian

/ What makes Facebook worth 50 billion #4  
I think one of the ideas is: that with the HUGE number of ppl on FB, the advertisements would/could/maybe generate tons of income..

Brian

You hit that one right on the head, latest issue of Time magazine has detailed section about the guy (Zuckerberg?) who founded Facebook. I for one are quite computer savvy and own a whole slew of them plus two Blackberries but for the life of me I cannot understand what all the hoopla is about Facebook, never wanted to join, never will either.

Who has the time to waste debating and chatting with people you have never met and never will meet...?

OOOOPS, well TBN is so much BETTER than Facebook!!!:D:D:D:laughing:

/ What makes Facebook worth 50 billion #5  
JDgreen227 said:
You hit that one right on the head, latest issue of Time magazine has detailed section about the guy (Zuckerberg?) who founded Facebook. I for one are quite computer savvy and own a whole slew of them plus two Blackberries but for the life of me I cannot understand what all the hoopla is about Facebook, never wanted to join, never will either.

Who has the time to waste debating and chatting with people you have never met and never will meet...?

Well when your in high school it helps communicate with class mates and such and with your teachers.

/ What makes Facebook worth 50 billion #6  

I was gonna ditto that...and then I came to your last line.

:shocked: Kidding.....geez, put the steak knives down people!

/ What makes Facebook worth 50 billion #7  
Heck fire, all this stored up info and hot air here on TBN must be priceless if FB is $50 Billion.:thumbsup::laughing:

/ What makes Facebook worth 50 billion #8  
FB has almost the world's largest gathering of people, in one place. That fact alone is extremely valuable, perhaps as much or MORE than even the NFL. Think about that from a advertising value basis.
Think SuperBowl advertising here, folks.

But there's more. The 50B bantered about is also about what FB wants to become, not only what it is today. Many things are envisioned, and investors wish to get in on it.

/ What makes Facebook worth 50 billion #9  
Bill

Goldman got a ton of money, can't even remember how much, from the government. Now they are speculating with some of it and plan to offer some of the facebook interest to their customers.

Bloomberg - "Goldman Sachs Group Inc.ç—´ plan to offer clients up to $1.5 billion in Facebook Inc. equity may invite U.S. regulators to take a closer look at whether the owner of the worldç—´ most popular social-networking site is circumventing disclosure rules, securities lawyers said."

To me, it's pure speculation.

They hope to get in, make money and get out before the thing crashes.

/ What makes Facebook worth 50 billion
I have a facebook account only because a freind of mine was in the hospital and his wife was posting updates on his condition on facebook. I don't see what is so great about it. It deffinitly is not easy to navigate arround.
Bill