What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #11  
What I find odd is the explanations offered seem so flawed. These birds do not fly at high alititude so the hail and un-noticed weather phenominon explanations seem rather daft.
Also they died before midnight fireworks.
Autopsy reports mention trauma to the birds which I would expect for anything that fell out of the sky.
Redwing black birds and starlings do not normally fly at night. Even so the "they became disoriented and crashed" explanation seems silly.
It just seems odd that improbably explanations are being offered so confidently. But that may be the fault of the media and their choice of sources.
I have seen natural die offs before but they were much much broader geographically.

I agree. The rush to offer implausible explanations is suspicious.

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas
We have forgot one possible cause: Act of terrorism. Ken Sweet

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #13  
I read yesterday that fish die-offs were common and reported before in this area. The best argument against pollution as the cause is that only one species of fish was in the die-off. The birds. . . :confused: Like Tig, I heard the birds all had trauma, but I couldn't help but think if you fall from the sky and smack a tree, street, sidewalk, or car, you're gonna have some blunt force trauma. I could believe that the birds were frightened by fireworks and flew up into some toxic smoke, but I'd have to have a lot more investigation and scientific evidence to show what the fireworks were and what the toxic compound was. Something that powerful should affect humans too. Maybe the fireworks all had some type of teflon coating like the killer frying pans.:rolleyes:

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #14  
I think the media just needs to keep digging. Eventually they will stumble upon a scholar who will reveal that this is one of the seven signs. ;)

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #15  
it seems odd that any "illness" would cause all
to die at the same time, it isn't like they died over
a course of a couple days, it sounds like they all
fell to the ground in a relative short time.
that would lead to a more unnatural cause,
trauma of some sort, lightning? other storm damage?
can they fly too high where it's colder and perish that way?

and the drum fish, they say is more common, but the timing
sure is coincidental huh?

:confused:

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #16  
Just speculating and thinking out of the box with a little Steven King thrown in but consider an unmarked truck transporting toxic waste for the govt. and it springs a leak as it is driving along the road from Arkansas to La. and the vapors go up and the birds die and then it settles into the water in La. and the fish die...Now if something like that happened the govt. is sure not going to tell us...I'm just saying.....???

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #17  
I bet if we asked Al Gore....he could tell us. ;)

I don't "buy" any of the answers to date either.

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #18  
There was just so many of those birds that there hasn't been enough to eat, so they had to go hunting food at night, and with their poor night vision, they were colliding in the air and crashing.

Similar situation with the fish; too many of them so they depleted the oxygen in the water and died for lack of oxygen.

Well, those explanations seem as good as the others I've heard.:rolleyes:

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #19  
I'm sure that it has nothing to do with the fact that the part of the Arkansas River where this happened is the part that is dammed up to operate the Arkansas nuclear power plant. :rolleyes:

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #20  
What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas?

They realized the lived in Arkansas....

O.K. That was rude and uncalled for. It would be plausible in Indiana. ;)

Someone asked why they don't get killed by fireworks on the 4th of July.

Redwing blackbirds and starlings do not flock in the summer. They are solitary on the 4th of July. They flock by the the tens of thousands in the winter. Someone could have blasted their roost with fireworks at midnight, causing them to fly in the dark and crash. They said they died of blunt force trauma, so that is plausible. Wait and see what they find in their systems to see if it was chemical related.