What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #21  
There was just so many of those birds that there hasn't been enough to eat, so they had to go hunting food at night, and with their poor night vision, they were colliding in the air and crashing.

Similar situation with the fish; too many of them so they depleted the oxygen in the water and died for lack of oxygen.

Well, those explanations seem as good as the others I've heard.:rolleyes:

Bird I think your explaination is for the "birds" .... Now if we can get an explaination from someone with "Fish" in the username ... we will understand if that portion of the story is Fishy ...

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #22  
Said Bird;

"Similar situation with the fish; too many of them so they depleted the oxygen in the water and died for lack of oxygen."

Just last spring, before the thaw,I noticed some 200+ dead fish near an inlet of a small shallow marshy lake.
Ice was very thick and that 10 foot of clear water just started to show.
Since this was very close to our mile long very healthy lake I contacted the local authorities as I was concerned that whatever caused this could migrate our way.
The wildlife folks determined that it was oxygen starvation due to excessive fish combined with minimal oxygenation.
The fish had all gathered at the only source of air and it was not enough.

So, Bird is correct on that one.

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #23  
The fish were all one species. If there was no oxygen or there was a chemical cause, most likely there would be more than one species. That's why they think it was most likely a disease.

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #25  
brin said:
Ken - It did cross my mind that this could have been a test by terrorists using a small private plane to disburse some biological agent and see what happened and they picked a rural area...possible..?

That one actually makes sense. I don't know much about this deal, I haven't really taken the time to read about it. But someone else here said that you can draw a straight line between the three occurrences. A plane would fly in a straight line. We will probably never know.

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #26  
Geez, they said the birds all had blunt force trauma, not chemical poisoning. :rolleyes:

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #27  
would the fall from the sky cause blunt force trauma?

were there powerlines nearby?

it's a mystery!

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #28  
Here's my theory about the birds. Fireworks did startle them and cause them to leave their roost and escape but in the dark they couldn't see to land so kept flying until they were exhausted and fell to the ground and were traumatised upon hitting whatever was in their path.

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas
Ken - It did cross my mind that this could have been a test by terrorists using a small private plane to disburse some biological agent and see what happened and they picked a rural area...possible..?

Until, I hear something different, That is the way I am leaning. Ken Sweet