Any one know of some good catalogs?

/ Any one know of some good catalogs? #12  
Mouser.com for anything electrical.

/ Any one know of some good catalogs? #13  
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Actually, when I want to order an item I order online, but for just browsing nothing beats a printed catalog. :thumbsup:

If you want to be covered in catalogs, just order one thing from AgriSupply, Surplus Center, or TEK Supply. With those three, you'll have plenty of reading for your office, coffee table, and outhouse.;)

/ Any one know of some good catalogs? #14  
I subscribed to Farm Show for a year, was very disappointed in the content. Just MHO.

I got Farm Show for a year. It was interesting. But not interesting enough to buy for another year.

I might loose my Man Card and be finally booted from TBN.....

:laughing::D:laughing::D

The IKEA catalog is good. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

They do not have many stores in the US and the nearest one for us is in Charlotte a good 2 hour drive away. They have house goods, from ice scoops to Fridges. Beds, mattresses, book cases, furniture, kitchen cabinents.

On the spur of the moment we drove to Charlotte to see the IKEA store on Saturday. The place is huge. Kinda like the Disney World of shopping. And I mean that in a positive way. They know how to control the crowd. They have a Cafe to feed you and child care to take care of the kids. They want you to stay once you arrive. :D Lunch/Dinner for the four of us was $12. Try that at McDs. :D They do not have a large food selection but they had chicken strips, real chicken by the way and fries. But also pasta and Salmon. The Apple pie was great. I would have had two helpings but he line was too long. :laughing:

When we got to the store the HUGE parking lot was packed. I would guess 95% capacity in the lot. But moving around the store was not that bad because they know how to move the people along. Very Disney like. Roughly a third of the two story building is show room. The rest is warehouse. You see what you want in the show room and if it is flat packed you picked it up in the warehouse before checking out. Very easy. We spent 2.5 hours in the store and could have spend double that if we had the time.

IKEA sells furniture that you have to assemble. I was surprised at the quality. If you are about to spend money on furniture or other home related stuff give them a look. They are a Swedish company so they have a more modern Euro look to the furnishings. But they have stuff made for smaller spaces which can be useful. Or not. They do not have a large selection of King beds for example.

If the store had been open when we built the house I think we could have saved 75% on the kitchen and bathroom cabinents and for the same quality and color. :eek:

The IKEA catalogs and website are not always as easy to use as I would like but they do have the information you need.

Later,
Dan

/ Any one know of some good catalogs? #15  
I want the Sears Christmas catalog to come back. :laughing:

/ Any one know of some good catalogs? #16  
Love Ikea, we did our whole house when we got married as opposed to one room from a regular place.
I also do homebrewing. They had the "grolsch" style bottles, the ones with the wire tops, for a very inexepensive price. I bought a bunch of them.
They do have nice sales too.
+1 on agrisupply, great people to do business with.
I also use northern tool a lot.

/ Any one know of some good catalogs? #19  
Victoria's "Tractor"Secrets or Fredericks of HollyWeed ! :laughing: :D :laughing:

Boone
(sorry just cound't help it) :)

/ Any one know of some good catalogs? #20  
I subscribed to Farm Show for a year, was very disappointed in the content. Just MHO.

I've subscribed to Farm Show for about 6 years now. Without casting aspersions, it's a little like TBN. When I first subscribed I read every thread, now 1 in 10. MUCH repetition in both, but each contains an occasional gem. I too love to browse catalogs but my wife keeps my collection to a minimum. MikeD74T