Good thing my neighbor has a bigger tractor!

/ Good thing my neighbor has a bigger tractor! #1  

Mosey

Veteran Member
Tractor
2000 New Holland TC29D with 7308 FEL, and top & tilt. 1950 John Deere B. 1940 Farmall A.
I had 15 tons of gravel (limestone) delivered yesterday. The ground was softer than I thought and he got stuck trying to back up to where I wanted it dumped. It was a tri-axle truck and it was stuck in my yard! I knew I would have to pay the wrecker bill if it came to that. It only sunk in about 4", but it wouldn't move either direction. Those trucks sure are worthless in low traction situations! They need locker differentials or something.

I had him go ahead and dump the load where he was (fortunately only about 30' from where I wanted it, so it won't be too much of a job to move it the rest of the way with my rear scoop). I knew my little Boomer wouldn't be any help, so I called the neighbor and he came over with his AGCO 50+ HP tractor, which is 4WD with ag tires and probably weights about 3 times as much as my Boomer. The truck driver said the truck weighs 25,000lbs empty! We shoveled some of the gravel in front of the truck's tires and gave it a shot. The AGCO spun and dug in some, but it got the truck out. Whew! No more dump trucks in my yard unless it's August or September and it hasn't rained for 2 weeks!

/ Good thing my neighbor has a bigger tractor! #2  
I pushed a tri axel back up a hill once with my TN 65. He couldn't make it back up and the TN had no problems moving him. We had a Single axel drop off the road bank we were building and used the 2wd Ford 4600 TLB to pull him back on. You should have tried your tractor if for nothing else but to see if you could. Always fun to pull or push something out of a mess. Now that winter is here I will be busy pulling cars out of my yard as they love to slide off the road here. Usually destroy half the field and yard thinking they can drive back out. One idiot was driving behind our barn with his 4wd blazer thinking he would be ok. Didn't realize his 4wd didn't work anymore and the back of our barn is a natural spring which is wet 12 months out of the year.

/ Good thing my neighbor has a bigger tractor! #3  
Nothing more FUN than getting dump trucks or
semi trucks stuck unless the time I buried the
710 hoe in a peat bog/swamp trying to dig
my pond (28000# boat anchor).
The hoe couldn't pull against anything.
Good thing the D4D and D6C were close by.
We used to haul chicken manure for the fields
in the winter naturally and would bury the
semi trailers over the axles.
It usually takes a lot of power (weight and traction)
to get something out of mud.