another tool with lifetime warranty

/ another tool with lifetime warranty #1  

heehaw

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900, B7510 and RTV
i guess lowes and hitachi are feeling the heat from ridgid tools: i noticed this morning, that hitachi has started a lifetime warranty some of their battery powered tools: but according to the saleperson, it does not include the battery...ridgid does include the batteries..
heehaw

/ another tool with lifetime warranty #2  
i guess lowes and hitachi are feeling the heat from ridgid tools: i noticed this morning, that hitachi has started a lifetime warranty some of their battery powered tools: but according to the saleperson, it does not include the battery...ridgid does include the batteries..
heehaw

Batteries are a major headache for cordless power tools, have never purchased Ridgid brand but I applaud their backing the batteries with the lifetime warranty as I have had to purchase dozens of cordless tool batteries over the years when the OEM ones finally failed. Too bad Ridgid didn't have the lifetime battery warranty back in '90 when I began buying cordless tools..they would have gotten my business for 20 years.

/ another tool with lifetime warranty #3  
I purchased a W.T GRANT "lifetime" battery for my truck.

It lasted for the lifetime of W.T.GRANT.:mad::mad:

/ another tool with lifetime warranty
wayyyyyyy back in 1980, JC Penny offered a lifetime vehicle battery, i bought one for the 1951 chevy truck i had...an still have....they have replaced it many times since then..as long as i keep the paperwork: as for Ridgid: i gave away, 3 makita, and 4 dewalt battery powered tools last year: because i have switched to Ridgid completely: in the last 6 or 7 years, they have replaced 4 batteries for me, absolutely free of charge..i won't own any other tools as long as they keep this type service.
heehaw

/ another tool with lifetime warranty #5  
We sell tools at my store , most companies work very well with their products . We have encountered some kind of a twist on the meaning of lifetime . We have had a couple of companies that say it is the lifetime of the tool (which they say is 7 years), needless to say , I have had little problem with their product , I have taken care of customer , but I don't handle their products anymore .

i was told that same story about a "lifetime" guarantee on a water heater: so i bought something else: Ridgid says if their tool breaks, an it is out of production, they will replace it with the comparable one at the time. no mentions about any time limit.
heehaw

/ another tool with lifetime warranty #7  
When I was a kid my dad bought a leather handle hammer that had a lifetime warranty. After about 2 years use the leather handle came apart and he took it back to the store for a replacement.

They looked at it and said "Well I guess that's the life of the hammer."

I haven't believed in lifetime warranty's since then.

/ another tool with lifetime warranty #8  
I have been buying Craftsman hand and mechanics tools for almost 40 years, have never had a problem getting tools replaced under the "full unlimited warranty" the carry. However, recently I have tried to get wood handled wire brushes and putty knives replaced, although they were Craftsman branded Sears no longer carries the items, I had to settle for "Sheffield" brand replacements, they are almost as good quality as the original tools were but there is no warranty on them. Still, as I am nearing 60, odds are they will outlast me.

Also had a Craftsman 3 D-cell aluminum flashlite that was labeled as full warranty (except for batteries and bulbs) and the reflector cracked, I tried to get a replacement and they said "since we no longer offer a full warranty on that kind of item (only one year now) we cannot replace yours free as you have had it three years". That pretty much ticked me off, know what I started doing? I have a large number of wood handled yard tools (Craftsman branded, full warranty) like sledge hammers, mauls, axes, ph diggers, etc. that I paid about $7 or $8 for when new, I started cracking the handles and then returning them for a replacment, well Sears sells very few wood handled yard tools anymore, so I always get a new fiberglass handled replacement instead. The last one I got an exchange for was a wood handled, $9 PHD I paid about $9 for 20 years ago, I ended up with a $40 TRUE TEMPER brand fiberglass handled replacement...full warranty. If Sears had not given me a hard time about replacing my flashlite they would have been way, way ahead. SCROOM.

the only problems i have had with lifetime warranties, is when the company goes bankrupt or otherwise out....have had several of those: but no problems with ridgid, so far, craftsman, so far, or even snapon..so far..i won't buy snapon tools any more because of the lack of dealers compared to the past, but thats nothing against the tools.
heehaw

/ another tool with lifetime warranty #10  
Somehow Craftsman tools has always pulled thru it with the replacement warranty and with a quality tool have never been hard to find. Never had a problem taking one back for replacement. Pure quality and if defective it is replaced. No questions or problem. The only problem is when I take one back I always find something else I have to have. Especially with the craftsman club card. And no, I do not work for Sears Roebuck Co..