Thoughts on the vibrating multi-tools

/ Thoughts on the vibrating multi-tools #1  

thatguy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
I am looking at the handheld vibrating multi-tools - Rockwell, dremil, Fein, and Harbor Freight have them.. It appears that you can sand, cut metal/wood/plastic, and scrape; using the correct blade of course

who has one.. did you like it.. is it worth it..

My current usage is cutting the bottom of wallboard just a tad for hardwood flooring installation but I think it would also do well scraping the MMM deck..

HF has one theirs on sale ($24 constant speed and $49 for variable speed) right now.. Lowes has the Rockwell for ~$90 (21 piece kit) -

Thoughts on your use? disadvantages??

brian

/ Thoughts on the vibrating multi-tools #3  
I have a Fein Multi, this thing is incredible. Expensive and now others have come into the market with similar products. I can't speak for the other brands but can tell you the Fein does all the infomercial claims and your hand doesn't go numb like with other vibrating tools (that statement could cause some comical debate):p

/ Thoughts on the vibrating multi-tools #4  
I am buying one today. I will post how it does in a week or so. Ken Sweet

/ Thoughts on the vibrating multi-tools #6  
I use on at work and it works great.. Before buying one though check and see who carry's the the replacement blades and more importantly how many styles they have,, When we bought ours "big box" Rockwell we went back to buy blades and they had 2 :confused: yep that's all.. So the tool sits..:mad:

/ Thoughts on the vibrating multi-tools #7  
Couldn't get link to work.

HF has a blow out sale this weekend on their tool-$29.99 and it comes with a couple of different blades.

Pretty much a no-brainer.

/ Thoughts on the vibrating multi-tools
Couldn't get link to work.

HF has a blow out sale this weekend on their tool-$29.99 and it comes with a couple of different blades.

Pretty much a no-brainer.

there is a coupon out there so it is $25 - The variable speed one is $49 ($47 with coupon) -

I ended up buying the variable speed one - BUT I am seriously thinking of taking it back and get a rockwell at Lowes for about $40 more..

Brian

/ Thoughts on the vibrating multi-tools #9  
For those on the market for one of these, IMHO definitely spend the extra for the variably speed.

Try this link for the thread on "vibrating tools".

/ Thoughts on the vibrating multi-tools #10  
I have the rockwell, and love it. Had to refinish a bathroom cabnet and while sanding it down, used the tool in all the corners and hard to reach places, worked like a dream, also used the vaccum feature and that worked very well :D True about finding replacement sandpaper and heads at the big boxes is hard to do, but my tool came with a parts list and will order what I need on line. Mine is a corded one so it has plenty of power. My brother has a bosch cordless that he likes, just not sure it has the power mine does and of course limited battery time. I think it would still be very handy and work fine.