26 Below Zero

/ 26 Below Zero #1  

bp fick

Tractor
John Deere X390
It's Sunday morning, January 23, and my gage is reading -26. Clicked the weather dashboard button on my computer to check it against the weather station a few miles away. Ugh. It reads -27

Best go check on my hens in the barn. Well, I think I'll wait a few hours until first light.

/ 26 Below Zero #2  
Accordong to the weather prognosticators, that air should arrive here in NH today.... TV station in Burlington, VT is saying some areas --that are normally colder-- may reach -40 tonight.

Haven't seen temps like that for quite a few years.

/ 26 Below Zero #3  
Glad I'm not where you're at. We've got a heat wave going, it's -15.

/ 26 Below Zero #5  
Plus 42 degree's here in SE Oklahoma this fine a.m. !!

/ 26 Below Zero #6  
Accordong to the weather prognosticators, that air should arrive here in NH today.... TV station in Burlington, VT is saying some areas --that are normally colder-- may reach -40 tonight.

Haven't seen temps like that for quite a few years.
Just a precaution, Most installed anti-freeze is rated at -34 degrees. Just sayin.

/ 26 Below Zero #7  
Over night low of -2* here. 2* now. -20* forecast for tomorrow AM.

The coldest temp. I have recorded since moving here in 2006 is -25*. The record lows here for this time of January are all in the -30* to -36* range. The average low for January is 3*.

The long time residents say it used to be colder, lakes froze up earlier, etc., I am inclined to believe them. I think they may exaggerate the snow fall amounts remembered as children though :) Such as, their mother's had to warn them not touch the lines on the telephone poles. :D

Dave.

/ 26 Below Zero
This may be the "worst of it" for this winter. Let us hope so. This arctic flow has gone missing for a few years. This front promises to plunge as far south as Alabama and Georgia, and perhaps northern Florida. I think Texas gets skipped on this round.

Much more snow forecast for mid-week as yet another southern snow storm becomes yet another East Coast tracker. What a year.

/ 26 Below Zero
Just a precaution, Most installed anti-freeze is rated at -34 degrees. Just sayin.

That's a warning worth heeding. We've been taking lowest level anti-freeze protection for granted in recent years. The "ah, it's close enough" attitudes work when it is +5, but don't work in these extremes.

/ 26 Below Zero #10  
Prediction near Montpelier VT seems to cooling all day today with the low about -31 around 7am Monday morning with it below zero until noon Tuesday.

I guess the old Cummins gets plugged in tonight so the departure for work goes smoothly... :)

I plowed the drives yesterday to prevent the ridges of snow from becoming rock hard...

Oh for another business trip to Dubai.... :)