Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Many over the years, + '05 JD-4410 TLB, but quite proud of my big green "Rolls": AKA: 2006 JD-3520 Cab, HST, Tunes & 2-way tiltmeter, Cobra communications and 6" (x2) rear wheel spacers for a lot less pucker-factor!!

Default Re: What brand Walkie Talkie?

"COBRA".... has several models with various ranges. Cobra has a good name in North America,... Canada,..and are reasonably priced. They have many channels you can lock onto and chances for privacy are decent. Good experience with my Midland CB also.

CHEERS !
    . . tug

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by FastPauly View Post
    CompactTractorFan;
    I don't know what model of Uniden radios you have but on the ones I have, you can toggle the button beep sounds On/Off.....see snip from manual below. I know mine gets acidentally shut Off at times due to my big fat fingers.
    I don't think mine has that feature...
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Tractor
    JD TLB 110

Quote Originally Posted by wdchyd View Post
    Dave, you have a wrong setting on those radios as I use my mine all the time for hunting......you have to toggle off the "Roger Beep" and other sounds in the menu screens......It is very annoying to have these extra crazy sounds when trying to be quiet....

I have several models (and friends also) and these are quiet as church mice....My latest set even has vibrate mode to be used with volume all the way down....(plus a built-in emergency flashlight)....
    I may just have bad samples, but I know about the roger beeps & all the other noises and have turned them off. These are definite bursts of static. I also got the other tech-savvy members of my party to look at them, and all of us agree -- don't use them for hunting.

I replaced them with a Garmin RINO 530 Cx, which is both a great GPS and a much better radio than the Motorolas. It is also a lot more expensive. Must have started a trend -- all the other guys in our party are getting the Garmins.
    40 Acres on a hill - fantastic view. JD 110 TLB, 4-n-1, 12" bucket, 18" bucket, Addington thumb, rock bucket (doubles as root grapple)

Not only do we not understand the universe, if someone explained it to us, we would not know what he was talking about.

Isaac Asimov

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Duetz DX3.70, Fendt 305LSA,260S & 205P,Kubota B6100E & 3 x B5100E & RTV900, Caterpillar 428C

Thank you to all who replied.

I now have some ideas about the features I'll need ad the brands to consider.

Marimus, I take it you weren't too seriously damaged by the floods up there?

Tractor
    Kubota B2320

Curly, You can't beat the Garmins......I use the Garmin Astro GPS on the hound doogles, works awesome.....
    2010 Kubota B2320 FEL & BH65
    If it ain't fixed don't broke it!

http://www.tractorbynet.com/content/...-month-wdchyd/

Tractor
    New Holland TT75

Quote Originally Posted by allenr View Post

Marimus, I take it you weren't too seriously damaged by the floods up there?
    No damage, but I had a hard time getting home when it was just starting. 3 1/2 hour drive which is usually 1 hour. After that I was stuck on my property for 3 days, two without electricity. Then the waters went down enough that I could get into town - however since Toogoolawah and Esk were cut off from everywhere there wasn't much point going to town.

My brother had it worse though. He lives in Laidley and was surrounded by flood waters. He had electricity however he ran out of beer

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Duetz DX3.70, Fendt 305LSA,260S & 205P,Kubota B6100E & 3 x B5100E & RTV900, Caterpillar 428C

Quote Originally Posted by marimus View Post
    After that I was stuck on my property for 3 days, two without electricity.
    I sometimes think no electricity would be great, you can't do much without it!
    Except fridges and freezers could be a problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12