Looking for some farm record keeping book/software

/ Looking for some farm record keeping book/software #1  

sirchancelor

I bought a farm and am trying to get it in shape to run a few cows on it. Needs a lot of work. I am needing help with some type of record keeping log or software. Just wondering what everyone else use to keep up with expenses and also to keep up with cattle. Thanks for any help.

/ Looking for some farm record keeping book/software #2  
I just use an Excel spreadsheet that I set up with codes for various farm income sources and expenses. When I input an item, whether is selling cows or hay or buying fence posts, I just list the items, quantity and costs and input the code that is falls into next to it. The sheet then puts the dollar figure in the right column and at the end of the year and review all in profits and losses.

This works well for me because it is on a very small scale. If you are looking for something to manage a large operation, I would think that would be more in the line of a database program of some sort with more options for sorting the data.

Good luck.

/ Looking for some farm record keeping book/software #3  
I use Quicken Home and Business, takes a bit to learn but not bad. If I had to do it again, the ag dept has ledger books already set up with normal account numbers for cattle operations with the tax code numbers on them too.

/ Looking for some farm record keeping book/software
Thanks

/ Looking for some farm record keeping book/software #5  
I would use excel to track livestock, Quickbooks to track overall income and expenses.

/ Looking for some farm record keeping book/software #7  
use quickbooks and excel great combo.