House Demolition

/ House Demolition #1  

Runner

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, 1989 John Deere 185, 1960 Panzer T70B
Thought some might find this interesting. I heard a dozer working outside this morning and didn't think much of it because one of my neighbors has one. However, this time, the noise was a little closer.

Turns out, the owner of the property immediately east of me decided to tear down a small farmhouse on the property. The track loader made short work of it, reducing it to a pile of rubble in about 15 minutes. This was fun to watch, so I can only imagine the enjoyment the operator got out of it...

Attachments

• IMG_3134.jpg
    IMG_3134.jpg
    796.7 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_3141.jpg
    IMG_3141.jpg
    561 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_3149.jpg
    IMG_3149.jpg
    854.4 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_3150.jpg
    IMG_3150.jpg
    685.7 KB · Views: 256
   / House Demolition #2  
We've had several "tear downs" in our neighborhood... figured when we left, our house would be the same... not sure about that now a days...

Always thought you could sell tickets to run the trackhoe... $100/5 minutes

/ House Demolition #3  
A cousin of mine has our great-grand parents house that needs to come down before it falls down. Not sure about the asbestos situation - he's afraid he can't afford to do anything with it and it's too far gone to repair. +1 on the trackhoe/dozer tickets !

/ House Demolition #5  
Got to do this once. What a stress relief!

/ House Demolition #6  
That looks like so much fun! :thumbsup: Even in the pictures, you can tell he is having a blast out there. :D:laughing:

/ House Demolition #7  
I do know how lucky I am as this is how I make my living. Last winter I wrecked 750 houses on a airforce base 10 a day.

/ House Demolition
When I got home tonight, the whole house was loaded into a single dumpster. Amazing.

I am glad to see it go. The last occupants (renters) there were selling drugs. I came home from work one day to find a bunch of cop cars, paddy wagon and city health department vehicles sitting there for a raid on the place.

At least I won't have to worry about any future tenants...

/ House Demolition #9  
Be glad they got the address right!

Watched one of those news shows like 20-20 and they showed where a contractor got the address wrong and demoed the neighbors house.

Could you imagine??? I was struck over the stupidity and could not imagine coming home to an empty lot.

/ House Demolition #10  
You should consider it a real break you just had garden variety dope dealers next door and not an amateur chemical plant...

My wife stumbled into a meth lab while answering an ambulance call and the place was so full of solvents and whoknowswhatall the regional Hazmat team had to spend a week cleaning it up...

Sad to see an old house go out that way...shoulda let the local Fire brigade get some practice...

T :D