Mindless idiot

/ Mindless idiot #21  
It was a good day after all. I made ham/pineapple pizza for dinner.

Mmmm, ham and pineapple pizza............:licking:

Yikes on the tree stand!

I got a $250 gift card for the Liquor store for Christmas. I used it twice and lost the darned thing! What a waste! I hope whoever found it is happy, maybe they're having free drinks and a free pizza at this very moment!

/ Mindless idiot #23  
Prokop, while we are telling stories:

The wife and I went to Wall- mart some years back and got groceries and I picked up a small nailbar while we were shopping. We both noticed that the chrome nailbar kinda blendend in with the shopping cart, and not to forget to take it out. At the checkout counter they did not bag it, so we just put it back in the cart for the trip to the parking lot. We unloaded the groceries and somehow forgot the nailbar still in the basket. Drove to the end of the lot, (pretty big lot) and turned around, went back to the same basket and in 2 or 3 minutes time, someone had picked up the nailbar. Oh. well. stuff happens.
But it evened out, again at Wal-Mart a couple of years later, I picked up a basket to start shopping and in it was a $20 bill. I assume these kinds of things happen to everyone if you live long enough:)

James K0UA

/ Mindless idiot #24  
It happens to everyone sooner or later. My wife went to Wally world the other night and forgot the bag with everything she needed after it was bagged. She just called up there and they saved it for her until the next morning. A few years ago I went to Wendy's and I left my CC at the drive thru window. Thankfully I went back and it was still there and had no fraudulent charges.

/ Mindless idiot #25  
I've seen people change their mind and drop frozen products off at various places at Walmart. I wonder if employees put them back in the freezer?:D

I hate it when people do that; it ends up costing all of us.

/ Mindless idiot #26  
It happens to everyone sooner or later. My wife went to Wally world the other night and forgot the bag with everything she needed after it was bagged. She just called up there and they saved it for her until the next morning. A few years ago I went to Wendy's and I left my CC at the drive thru window. Thankfully I went back and it was still there and had no fraudulent charges.
I lose things so often, I'm scared what will happen when I get old. :eek: Like the truck key I hid... guess I did too good of a job.
did the CC thing, too; went back to the Post Office 1/2 hour later and it hadn't moved.

/ Mindless idiot #27  
The other highlight was a malfunction of my tree climber while hunting in the woods. I ended up descending 30 feet by improvised means - it could have been much worse and I am truly blessed./QUOTE]

That can be fun. A ladder I used to climb up into a tree was knocked down by some falling branches. No one around either. The tree trunk was much larger than the reach of my arms. It wasn't an exciting trip down.:(:(

/ Mindless idiot #28  
This just happened the other night. My youngest daughter has to drink soy milk as she seems to be a bit lactose intolerant. As we were getting ready to go to bed, she wanted a glass of milk. So we are at the fridge, her milk is in the back. So I set the gallon of 2% (3/4s full) out on the counter top. Pour her milk and put it back in the fridge. Next morning I come down to leave for work. The 2% was still sitting on the counter.:mad::eek:

This one happened a year or 2 ago when I was putting my fuel drum together. It came with a little strainer to go at the bottom of the pickup hose. I didn't want to use the hose, but wanted to use the strainer. So I took it to Lowes so I could match it to the pipe fittings and such. Get everything I need, put everything I needed to pay for in the basket of the cart, but put the strainer in the child seat since I didn't need to pay for it. I check out and load everything up. Almost home, I don't remember loading the strainer. Look through my stuff, nope, not there. I hurry up and head back to Lowes. They are starting to gather carts up. Fortunately, they had started to stack the ones from the aisle I was in. Sitting up on top of child seats was my strainer. I pulled up beside the carts, hop out, grab my strainer, hop back in the truck and hurry up and left. Didn't notice, but I'm sure the employees were giving me a weird look.:p

/ Mindless idiot #29  
I've seen people change their mind and drop frozen products off at various places at Walmart. I wonder if employees put them back in the freezer?:D

I do not think they do put them back. What I remember from my Bag Boy days was that broken/defective products were put in a special place and eventually redeemed by the brand. Cold/Frozen products found out side the freezer/cold cases were treated as defective. I over heard the workers at our grocery store a while back talking about getting ready to sweep the store for cold and frozen products left out on the aisles. :eek:

For some reason our store always seems to have frozen and cold products left all over the place. There has to be one or two people who do this on purpose. When I worked in a grocery store I never saw this many cold/frozen products left around like this. And the store I worked is/was much bigger than the store we shop at now. :eek:

And we do all pay for this wastage. :mad:

Later,
Dan

/ Mindless idiot #30  
this thread reminds me of a classic joke:
It seems that a university finished work on an English-Russian-English translation program and they were demonstrating it. an official stepped up and typed in the English phrase "Out of sight, out of mind". and the Russian equivalent was typed back at him. Now he typed in the Russian and indicated that he wanted an English translation. It came back "mindless idiot" !