Silver Member
    Tractor
    Bota 2400

Default Tree trimming, railroad style

I used to think orchard pruning machines were the top of the heap, surpassed only by the James bond helicopter with the three buzz blades cutting the dock in half, but I figure this baby is good for at least 60 feet with its three blades at the end of the boom. The next picture will have a little better picture of the implement. The machine is used to trim trees hanging over right of way from private property. Oh, by the way, their diesel gels too. SteveV
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Bota 2400

Default Re: Tree trimming, railroad style

This will be the second RR operation I've stumbled over in the last two weeks. Maybe AndyR can grab a few pictures of that Case shreader on the Nashua-Bennington branch. It was an excavator on a wheeled chassis with RR wheels inboard of the commercal tires and regular couplings for RR cars on both ends. It had airlines but I would think it would be a restricted speed tow. SteveV
    Attached Images Attached Images

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 1050 2wd, Case 580D 2wd

Default Re: Tree trimming, railroad style

Looks like a Kershaw clearway with a yet unamed attachment of coolness...