Anybody have a sleep number or comfortaire mattress?

/ Anybody have a sleep number or comfortaire mattress? #1  

firedog

Gold Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 300DTC
Our mattress is really starting to sag in the middle, so we're looking to get a new one. The wife wants a sleep number (or equivalent) I'm not so sure.
I've been doing some research on mattresses and it seems that the pillowtop design is a major player in the "mattress sag". #1 the pillowtop itself collapses and #2 the pillowtop design prevents the mattress from being turned which contributes to innerspring wear.
The memory foam is a definite No, so that leaves me with expensive mattress or an expensive air mattress. I'm looking of input on the adjustable duel air chamber systems, but input on mattresses in general is welcome.

/ Anybody have a sleep number or comfortaire mattress? #2  
Our mattress is really starting to sag in the middle, so we're looking to get a new one. The wife wants a sleep number (or equivalent) I'm not so sure.
I've been doing some research on mattresses and it seems that the pillowtop design is a major player in the "mattress sag". #1 the pillowtop itself collapses and #2 the pillowtop design prevents the mattress from being turned which contributes to innerspring wear.
The memory foam is a definite No, so that leaves me with expensive mattress or an expensive air mattress. I'm looking of input on the adjustable duel air chamber systems, but input on mattresses in general is welcome.

We have a Select Comfort King sized that is about five years old. We got our first Select Comfort King sized about fifteen years ago. We really like the mattress. Bought our son and daughter-in-law one for a wedding present and they did not like it, so sent it back and they got a TempurPedic and love it.

/ Anybody have a sleep number or comfortaire mattress? #3  
We have had a Sleep Number 6-8 years. It too has a pillow top that squishes down after a while. I guess you can special order a new top. It is not at the point that it bothers me.

The Mattress Factory may be an Atlanta thing. They have good prices on traditional mattresses that claim to use Amish hardwood and quality steel for springs.

/ Anybody have a sleep number or comfortaire mattress? #4  
Firedog,

Why not the "memory foam"? too hot?? other reason?

We have been considering the Temperpedic, but I am wondering if it "cooks' you like I have heard, (traps heat) which wont work for me.

We have a pillow top now and it is doing what y'all have posted, (sagging). So....

/ Anybody have a sleep number or comfortaire mattress? #5  
We have had a Sleep Number King size bed going on 19 years. We love it and have started looking at a new one. We will put our old one in the spare bedroom. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Anybody have a sleep number or comfortaire mattress? #6  
My old pillowtop sagged in 3 yrs. I bought another one, and 3-4 yrs later it was sagged too. Bought my sleep number and it shows no signs of sagging after 6 yrs. LOVE IT!

/ Anybody have a sleep number or comfortaire mattress? #7  
I'm glad you asked this. My wife and I have had the same pillowtop mattress for about 4 yrs now and it is already sagging horribly, to the point where my back and her neck are starting to hurt from trying not to roll into the middle!

We need a new mattress bad and will be purchasing one soon, I personally don't like the sleep number beds. I used to stay in the Radisson Hotel a lot for work and they use sleep number beds. I didn't like it but I think it's completely personal as it seems like the majority of people do.

I'll be watching this closely! Thanks to anyone who has any input, especially people with bad backs that have found good beds to help.

/ Anybody have a sleep number or comfortaire mattress? #8  
We have had one probably 5 years now, and have to say it never helped me sleep,never made my back feel better, and I am still tired in the day time. It did help drain my check book though.:(

/ Anybody have a sleep number or comfortaire mattress? #9  
Two of my wife's brothers tried the Tempurpedic and sent them back. A third brother has one and says he and his wife love it.:confused: So who knows?

We bought our Queen Sized Select Comfort Sleep Number Bed in July, 2002. How prices have changed in 9 years. Ours was top of the line at the time and cost $1,616.:laughing: Back then we had what I thought was a good firm mattress, but I was getting up every morning with a terrific backache and the Sleep Number bed just about cured that overnight.

Some of you may remember Cowboydoc, a sports medicine orthopedic doctor who used to be a regular on TBN and before we bought the Sleep Number Bed, I asked on TBN and found that he and his wife had one. And the Way Off Topic - Mattresses discussion we had back then is still here on TBN.

I have an unmarried brother who lives in a motorhome and I think he bought his Sleep Number bed just last year.

/ Anybody have a sleep number or comfortaire mattress? #10  
Firedog,

Why not the "memory foam"? too hot?? other reason?

We have been considering the Temperpedic, but I am wondering if it "cooks' you like I have heard, (traps heat) which wont work for me.

We have a pillow top now and it is doing what y'all have posted, (sagging). So....

We have a Tempur-pedic that is going on 4 yrs old now. Doesn't "cook" you, or sag, but is on the firm side. Anyone who returns them after trying one out probably does so due to the odd smell that new ones give off for about a week or two. After that, they are great. Any mattress needs to be adequately supported in the middle.