Midnight snacks!

/ Midnight snacks! #41  
I am one of those folks whose digestive system will squeeze every gram of fat, carbs, and calories out of every bite I eat. It all ends up on my belly, butt, and legs. I NEVER eat a midnight snack. I don't even consider it when I wake up. I just don't dare. During the past year, I've been careless about just eating regular meals. I've let my carbs and fats increase and it has caused me to gain a huge amount of weight. In February, I put myself on a "Jim's Surefire Weightloss Diet." I eat a Ruby Red Grapefruit for breakfast along with an apple or orange. About every third morning, I eat a helping of Egg Beaters 30-cal per serving eggs for protein and a RR grapefruit. I don't eat lunch. If mid-afternoon, my stomach gets too acidic, I may eat a light yogurt my wife found that is 80 calories. In the evening, I eat lots of green beans, spinach, stewed tomatoes, steamed squash, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet peas, and sometimes beans. I especially like to mix black beans and stewed tomatoes with chopped onion and a little chili powder and garlic. It tastes a bit like a meatless chili. That's it! I eat no bread or anything with sugar. I will sometimes add a salad or substitute a salad for my evening meal, but I just eat very little meat at all. I've done this now for four weeks and have already dropped two pants sizes. Believe me, if I did not have to cut back to 500-600 calories per day, I would not. However, my body thinks anything over 850 calories per day needs to show up on my belly or backside, so I just look at the bright side. The next time I go to the Dr. for blood tests and he sees my cholesterol count, he will be astonished. Eating light/eating right does have its advantages.:rolleyes:
That's great! Good for you, sounds like you have a handle on it. Try to work a walk in to your schedule an you may become the next Jack Lalane:). I think the excercise is a big help. I don't gain a lot of weight but I do get lethargic if I don't stay active.

/ Midnight snacks!
Jim,

I should eat like you do:) Being Hypoglycemic and with the hours I am awake (work schedule) I am supposed to eat like every 3 hrs, small stuff or nutritious snacks.

But I have secrets in the closet too, like Blue Bell Dutch chocolate ice cream:licking: I eat so much of that, I would qualify as Dutch!!:D

Thankfully I have a high metabolism, not as high as when I was 25, but still works good.