Concrete Boots

/ Concrete Boots #1  

bigtiller

Tractor
JD 2720 & 3039R
What are you concrete guys wearing for over-boots when you are working in the mud? I wore my favorite pair out. They were bright yellow and the dried concrete just fell off with a light kick. I was planning on getting a pair made by LaCrosse but they quit making them. All they offer now is black rubber.

/ Concrete Boots #2  
I interpreted your title quite differently and thought this would be a discussion about disposing of fellow Mafiosi or something like that.:)

/ Concrete Boots #3  
In the ten years I did concrete work I never wore over boots just some good old fashioned rubber boots. Finally found a brand called Mucks. They're about $100 a pair and concrete doesnt exactly just "fall off" but it comes off well enough. The best part is they're the most comfortable pair of boots I own. A pour job now is like walking on pillows they're so soft. :)7

/ Concrete Boots
I was going for the Jimmy Hoffa thing too

Ha, that never crossed my mind. :laughing:

The boots I'm thinking of are a real shinny yellow and very smooth to the touch. The ones I have seen in the stores this spring do not fit over my boots or even my tennis shoes. If I wanted to give up the foot support I could get a pair of $6 deck shoes that would work in them.

/ Concrete Boots #6  
I would recommend the Tingley 1500 17" boot. Tough and light-weight.

I've been wearing them for 30+ years.

And they are much lighter than concrete boots. :D

/ Concrete Boots #7  
I interpreted your title quite differently and thought this would be a discussion about disposing of fellow Mafiosi or something like that.:)

No, we call those cement shoes. :thumbsup:

/ Concrete Boots #9  
Tractor Supply store still lists yellow over boots (#648784499) for about $25. Also have muck boots but cost much more. I use the yellow boots when working with concrete. They are fairly cheap and wash off if you get to it before it dries. I can't see paying a lot of $ for concrete boots.

/ Concrete Boots #10  
You can also get these yellow over boots from a fire equipment dealer. They are used as hazmat over boots. We use and they are comfortable also.