New England Vacation

/ New England Vacation #1  

polo1665

Tractor
Branson 3510H, John Deere X750
We are spending a couple of days in Norwich, Vermont in the middle of June. After I am done with my business we would like to continue on for another week and explore New England.
Initially I thought that we would head for mid coast Maine, get a place for a week and take day trips. After looking at the internet for a bit I realize that I need some advice. I hate to take a blind stab at it when I know I can get some good advice from the folks here.
Any of you folks have any recommendations for a weeks vacation in New England. Geanie and I would appreciate any advice.

Mark

/ New England Vacation #2  
Mark,

It all depends on what your vacation tastes are......Mountains?, Lakes?, Ocean?.....Plenty to choose from......What are your preferences..??

My preference is Pittsburg NH for the fishing & hunting.......here's the view from the front steps of the cabin my wife & I rent every year on 1st Conn Lake.....

Attachments

• summer2005 047.jpg
    summer2005 047.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 161
   / New England Vacation #3  
There's NH White Mts in NH..Mt Washington drive up or by train,about an hour half from sunrise at ocean..also many different tractor dealers;)..north of NH there's the famous moose alley.
Mid June NH holds one of the oldies motorcycle rallies..extra eye for countless bikes traveling night and day.

Norwich area also know for pollin,just make sure your car window are up. ;)

/ New England Vacation #4  
The Maine coast is great, and there is so much to do. What type of vacation Do you want? Are you into; boating, fishing, hiking, the beach, sight seeing, fine dinning, bars ect. What type of place do you want to stay in high end, low end, camp, BnB, rent a house? There are so many choices. you need to think about what what you like. Make a list of what you want and I would be happy to point you to some great places
album

Why do they call it tourist season if we can't shoot em.

/ New England Vacation #5  

Attachments

• LaidBackHunters2010 021.jpg
    LaidBackHunters2010 021.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 155
   / New England Vacation
Sorry, should have been more specific. We are interested in staying on the coast, and are mainly looking to just get away. We are kind of laid back and just would like to see the sights and do quite a bit of walking. Geanie loves the idea of seeing some lighthouses and we would like to take day trips inland.
As far as accommodations go, we would really like to rent a cottage, but $300 to $400/night for 6 nights isn't in the cards. $150 to $200 a night is a better range for us.

Thanks for the advice about the pollen Thomas, we'll be sure to keep the window up:thumbsup:

/ New England Vacation #7  
Sorry, should have been more specific. We are interested in staying on the coast, and are mainly looking to just get away. We are kind of laid back and just would like to see the sights and do quite a bit of walking. Geanie loves the idea of seeing some lighthouses and we would like to take day trips inland.
As far as accommodations go, we would really like to rent a cottage, but $300 to $400/night for 6 nights isn't in the cards. $150 to $200 a night is a better range for us.

Thanks for the advice about the pollen Thomas, we'll be sure to keep the window up:thumbsup:

You can do a lot of nice beach walking in the Old Orchard Beach south to York area. Check out Wells and Ogunquit, both have great walking beaches and lots of hotels to choose from. It's not Mid-coast, but nice. Good food too.

In June, the ocean water is still pretty cold. It only gets up to the high 60's on the best days in August :laughing: The beach walking is still fun and very relaxing.

Dave.

/ New England Vacation #8  
Polo.. Google Camden Maine,, you won't be disappointed.. :D

/ New England Vacation #9  
You could drive by where the Old Man in the mountain .. was.. or Bar Harbor Maine ...and go to Acadia National Park. Look at all the gas that was just saved.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110424_063212.png
    ForumRunner_20110424_063212.png
    604.9 KB · Views: 104
  • ForumRunner_20110424_063313.png
    ForumRunner_20110424_063313.png
    714.4 KB · Views: 119
  • ForumRunner_20110424_063423.png
    ForumRunner_20110424_063423.png
    897.3 KB · Views: 118
   / New England Vacation #10  
My Infantry company just had a reunion We took a day trip to Bath Ma. it was great.Lots of stuff to do an see.Ship building from years gone by.Enjoy it.
Army Grunt