diesel truck

/ diesel truck #1  

ebeacham

Silver Member
Tractor
TYM 723
I have a 2002 Ford F-250 diesel and was wondering if they all come with a block heater. I can't find the plug in for one on my truck!!

/ diesel truck #2  
They are usually considered an option and may not be on your truck depending on the location the truck was originally destined for.

Egon

/ diesel truck #3  
wherever they are installed, they're usually considered to be part of the "dealer prep" and you'd know about it (if you bought it new).
No visible cord underneath, likely no block heater.
Back in Alberta, every parking spot at work had a plugin for block heaters .... here in Michigan, I haven't even seen a garage with an outside power receptacle!

/ diesel truck #4  
It's not an option on Fords with the diesel. It has one. It is usually hidden up behind the grill by the radiator. It will be all coiled up like an extension cord.

/ diesel truck #5  
Look thru one of the openings in the front bumper, the one on the driver's side or the driver's side half of the large center opening. It should have a plastic cover over the plug, so look close.

/ diesel truck
Speaking of diesel trucks and knowing that you have owned several, What kind of performance mods do you recommend and from which manufacturers? Would you wait for the warranty to run out? Where do you buy your stuff from?
Thanks,

/ diesel truck #7  
<font color=blue>What kind of performance mods do you recommend and from which manufacturers?</font color=blue>

You probably want to talk to keith Black. Swap out the diesel for a Keith Black hemi, switch fuel to nitromethane and alcohol mix, add supercharger, and you're talking what.. 5000 HP or so? /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ diesel truck #9  
Yea but how much torque does it have? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Eric,

Anything you do you better be able to hide from Ford. They are getting ridiculous about warranty issues. They tried to deny my warranty for gauges, a tranny cooler, and an auxillary fuel filter.

With that said if you're willing to fight them they can't legally do it unless your mod caused the problem. The problem is that you can't fight them without deep pockets and alot of grief. The dealer really makes a difference. If you have a mod friendly dealer you will be alright. If you don't they will cause you a load of grief.

You really don't have to do alot to the new ones to make them run spectacular. I like the Superchips SCMT. It's programmable and you can remove the chip program if you do have to take it to the dealer. If you're going to run a chip though you really need gauges. A pyrometer, boost, and transmission gauge. The next thing I would do is to get a 3.5 or 4" exhaust from the turbo back. I would also recommend a Dahl 100 auxillary fuel filter/water separator. You can do alot more but that is the basics. Let me know if you have an older truck or you want to do more. We've done it all on every year diesel since 83.

/ diesel truck #10  
<font color=blue>Yea but how much torque does it have? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif</font color=blue>

Funny, they don't mention torque at all. But for a mere $65,000 you can get 6000 HP @ 8200 RPM. Should be able to do a lot of work for a few minutes, before something blows up and/or it needs a complete rebuild. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif