Sad Sad News

/ Sad Sad News #1  

cpicton1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200
The Space Shuttle Columbia was lost this morning while coming to earth for a landing.<br><br>Pray for the crew and their families.

/ Sad Sad News #2  
God's speed Columbia. Our hearts are broken.

/ Sad Sad News #3  
Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the lost. God bless them and give them strength.

Kevin

/ Sad Sad News #6  
It is so easy for us to forget that it is a dangerous business. While accidents are not completely unexpected, it is still shocking to see it happen. A sad day, indeed.

/ Sad Sad News #7  
back in 86, will never forget that day, as challenger destroyed on take off, was the same day my dad went to a better place, 2 sad events in one day. today was just as bad. one of my favorite movies is APPOL 13. the pure joy of them returning when all thought they were lost, was great. today as i listend and watched i knew the 7 were not returning. god speed them on their way[sad]

/ Sad Sad News #8  
My thoughts go out to the families of the astronauts. I heard the news while on the road and couldn't check to see who was on board. A friend of mine from school flies on the shuttle and my first fear was that he was one of those lost. Then it hit me - they were all our friends...

/ Sad Sad News #9  
My wife woke up at 8:00 central time this morning to a loud boom and vibration of the house. We live about 50 miles north of Dallas. Most of the debris landed southeast of Dallas all the way to Louisiana. What a terrible day.

We have watched the shuttle's re-entry before, a couple of years ago and it was spectacular. It amazed me that I could watch it to the horizon in north Texas and by the time I get in and get settled in front of the TV its landing in Florida. Glad I didn't see this one.

/ Sad Sad News #10  
Those seven brave astronauts died doing what they have trained for all their lives. They were some of the best and brightest of the human race. May they be a reminder and inspiration to us all that man must explore the unknown, and that life is a fragile and precious thing. And may they rest in eternal peace as we pray for their souls and the consolation of their families and friends.

God bless them.

~Rick