Who Makes Sears Tools?

/ Who Makes Sears Tools? #2  
I use a lot of Quick-Grip brand clamps. I had one 36" Craftsman brand Quick-Grip knockoff. It was a reversable spreader/clamp style. Part of the clamp broke off so I took it back to Sears to get it replaced. They no longer had that exact style but replaced it with their newer style spreader/clamp. The next day I was at Menard's (a lumberyard here in the midwest) and noticed the same exact clamp made by Wolcraft. I also noticed that Wolcraft made a 3 roller adjustable height work support just like the one I bought from Sears. Wolcraft probably makes both of them for Sears. Both items were cheaper at Menard's but I used a coupon and my Craftsman Club card when I bought the adjustable height work support so I got it for $1 cheaper than the Wolcraft model. If I can get the same product for around the same price I will continue to by from Sears to get the lifetime warranty.

I forgot to mention that Craftsman had a new Cam-Action clamp out. I tried to get a picture off of their website but I could not find it. You just close the clamp by pressing the cam-action handle with one hand. I can get a lot more clamping force with one hand than I can with two hands on my Quick-Grips.

/ Who Makes Sears Tools? #3  
I have attached an image of the PowerCam clamp that I was referring to earlier. I am so impressed with this clamp that I bought another one at Sears last night.

By the way, I see that these clamps only have a one year warranty. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif 90 days if used for commercial purposes.

Attachments

• 233078-PowerCam_Clamp.jpg
    233078-PowerCam_Clamp.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 452
   / Who Makes Sears Tools? #4  
That is an impressive clamp.
How is the pole barn coming along?
PJ

/ Who Makes Sears Tools? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
How is the pole barn coming along?
PJ )</font>

pajoube, SSSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWW! I had the whole month of January off from work and I don't think I got one decent day of weather to work on it. I spent about 10 hours on it this last Sunday. I cut the tails of the trusses off all even and cut down some posts to the correct height. After that I got the double 2" by 10" truss carriers up for the 16' by 16' addition off of the shop and that is as far as I got. The weather forecast for this weekend is showing 14 degrees for lows and 25 degrees for highs. If I can I will get out there and do a little more work. Work is starting to pile up for Feb and March but I need the money so I am not complaining.