Stanley Cup

/ Stanley Cup #1  

JB4310

Tractor
J.D. 4310 E-hydro
I don't follow hockey and don't know why they are still playing in June.

But I started watching game 5 and got interested, good play and man those Canuck fans are dedicated.

Final game 7 in Canada Wednesday night should be good. I hope Vancouver wins since they have never won the cup yet.

I love to skate and skate on hockey skates, but I've never been on a team. I always bring a stick and a puck though just to fool around with.

We have a double rink arena 1/2 mile away, my daughter works and skates amateur figure skating there, but I don't like indoor skating, I like the old school pond ice.

JB

/ Stanley Cup #2  
Well, from a dedicated Bruins fan, I hope the drought in Vancouver continues for a while. :) We haven't had the cup in Beantown since 1972 so we are kinda overdue as well. Not sure the Canucks even existed back then.

Fascinating series with low scoring one goal wins each time they have played in Vancouver and big league blow outs by the Bruins in Boston. We'll have to see which of Vancouver's goaltending efforts shows up and which offense Boston brings to game 7.

If Vancouver does win by their usual one goal margin I'm sure it will be the lowest total goals ever scored by the winner of a seven game championship. So far they have been out scored by the Bruins something like 18-7.

Go Bruins!:thumbsup:

/ Stanley Cup #4  
Grew up watching the B's play in the old Gaaden. Live just south of the canucks now, but definetly for the B's.

/ Stanley Cup #5  
I don't quite get hockey and its a bear to watch on TV.

Now baseball ... there is a game.:licking:

MoKelly

Try hockey on a decent sized HD TV. Makes a world of difference. You can actually follow the puck rather than wondering where it has gone. I never liked watching it on TV until the HD era but now it is great.

I love watching baseball (RedSox of course) with a beer as a relaxing summer pastime with occasional moments of excitement. Lots of time to analyze the game and ponder the strategy etc. A true thinking man's game is baseball. No comparison in terms of second to second excitement you get with hockey though. No professional team sport is nearly as fast paced with second by second changes from offense to defense etc. Just consider what other professional sport requires that highly conditioned athletes take a break (line change) after every two minutes or so of full out exertion. It is faster than football with no huddles and is closest to uninterupted fast break basketball without the stopages for fouls etc.

Go Bruins!

/ Stanley Cup #6  
Hockey is the only game worth watching,but I'm kinda biased as I'm Canadian. It is better on a bigscreen with HD. Go Canucks!!!

/ Stanley Cup #7  
Try hockey on a decent sized HD TV. Makes a world of difference. You can actually follow the puck rather than wondering where it has gone. I never liked watching it on TV until the HD era but now it is great.

I love watching baseball (RedSox of course) with a beer as a relaxing summer pastime with occasional moments of excitement. Lots of time to analyze the game and ponder the strategy etc. A true thinking man's game is baseball. No comparison in terms of second to second excitement you get with hockey though. No professional team sport is nearly as fast paced with second by second changes from offense to defense etc. Just consider what other professional sport requires that highly conditioned athletes take a break (line change) after every two minutes or so of full out exertion. It is faster than football with no huddles and is closest to uninterupted fast break basketball without the stopages for fouls etc.

Go Bruins!

Go Bruins and Red Sox! Coming from MA, ya gotta love the Boston teams....

/ Stanley Cup #8  
Go Bruins and Red Sox! Coming from MA, ya gotta love the Boston teams....

Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics and Patriots. Not a bad starting line up for a sports town! Now if we could only get the Revolution in shape!

/ Stanley Cup #9  
I was watching a fight one time and a Hockey game broke out!!???:)