3pt hitch - 5th wheel/gooseneck

/ 3pt hitch - 5th wheel/gooseneck #1  

horsebroke

Bronze Member
Tractor
TYM T450
I have 2ea trailers - one a gooseneck horse trailer (appx 28 feet), and a 25-foot 5th wheel camper.

I'd like to be able to move them around with my tractor.
I've seen gooseneck hitches for 3-point connection on the tractor - but have never seen a hookup for 5th wheel..

Anyone ever seen one, and know where I'd find one?

thank you in advance

/ 3pt hitch - 5th wheel/gooseneck #2  
I have not seen a 5th wheel hitch for the 3-pt trailer movers. However, they do make gooseneck to 5th wheel hitch adapters. You can try that and see if it'll work on your trailer mover. If I remember correctly, Reese or Husky makes them. I was considering the same issue awhile back, but never really followed through with it.

Hawk

/ 3pt hitch - 5th wheel/gooseneck #3  
B&W makes an 5th wheel adapter that fits in their gooseneck hitch. If you had a tube at the top of the 3pt attachment you could put either in to move trailers.

Attachments

• flatbed_rv_0.jpg
    flatbed_rv_0.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 6,229
  • tb-acc-3inball.jpg
    tb-acc-3inball.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 482
   / 3pt hitch - 5th wheel/gooseneck #4  
Sorry I don't have any pics to post.
I built my own on the box blade just behind the top link connection.

It consist of a piece of pipe (sleave) with an ID the same size (a hair bigger actually) as the pin on the 5th wheel. It has a flat plate or collar around the top of it for the pin box to rest on. Then I have a pipe with a 2 3/8 ball welded to the top of it that I can slide into and pin in the sleave.

I hope this makes sense. I try to get some pic's and post back this evening.

/ 3pt hitch - 5th wheel/gooseneck #5  
Photo136.jpg

Photo135.jpg

Here is the box blade with the mods to move a 5th wheel and gooseneck.

/ 3pt hitch - 5th wheel/gooseneck #6  
Neat idea Firedog. Next time I get to welding on the box blade.. I'd like to do something like that.

-Luke

/ 3pt hitch - 5th wheel/gooseneck #7  
Hate to revive a 10yo thread, but man does this hit the spot. I'm taking delivery of a 30' 5er that will likely spend the rest of its days on my property. Without a 3/4 or 1 ton to move it, my intent is to use the tractor when needed. It is amazing to think that there are so few solutions - and that this one thread still comes up near the top with Google. Just wanted to thank @firedog for the pictures. I'll start the hunt for a metal supplier this week.

/ 3pt hitch - 5th wheel/gooseneck #8  
I welded a 2 5/16ths" hitch ball to the top of my trailer mover hitch. That works for goose neck as that's mostly what I move. For 5th wheel I just slip a piece of pipe over the ball. Works for me. If some one want's pictures I can post them.

/ 3pt hitch - 5th wheel/gooseneck #10  
Thanks for all the details. My RV has a 5th wheel king pin, not a gooseneck. What appeals to me about firedog's approach is that I can utilize my boxblade by simply welding on a cylindrical metal sleeve and a flat disc. Gotta say, that "tractor" of yours in the photos looks neat.