Ever colder night.....

/ Ever colder night..... #1  

Rowski

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader
Ten degress colder then the other "Cold Night" posting. I think the furnace ran all night. Truck was plugged in all night too. The picture is the clearest, was taken through the glass. I was not going to go out there in my skivvies at -35F /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif to take a picture. Good thing there is no wind! Might get a few vehicle boosts today at work.

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gifYa think you "southerners" can visualize the cold by looking at the attachment. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Attachments

• 235773-Coldernite.jpg
    235773-Coldernite.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 191
   / Ever colder night..... #2  
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hmmm, looks like a heat wave /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Ever colder night.....
What do you have for temps up there this morning?

/ Ever colder night..... #4  
Looks like a tropical island visit would be in order. Otherwise it may take some scalding hot coffee laced with 150 overproof to get the transmission in gear.

Egon

/ Ever colder night..... #5  
Yikes that's cold /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I think I'd have to call that "sleeping in" weather. Stay warm Derek /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Ever colder night..... #6  
Look on the bright side... if it gets much colder the needle will be on 120 /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Ever colder night..... #7  
You beat me this morning - mine read a comparatively balmy -27.

/ Ever colder night..... #8  
Rowski, looks like you win. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Only got down to -20 F over here.

DFB

/ Ever colder night..... #9  
Derek....

Wait until Saturday night. NPR said Sat/Sun AM temps will be the coldest of the season. They're predicting -40 in sheltered valleys of the Adirondacks. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Whoa......just how low can we go and still talk about it in a civil way???? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Ever colder night..... #10  
Derek, the coldest temperature I have ever seen was in Burlington Vermont. I hope I never see temperatures like that again.

I left Raleigh with the temperature in the mid 60s. Landed in DC to change planes. DC was having an ice storm, so had to wait forever for a flight crew to make it through all the traffic. Finally got to Vermont about 1:00 in the morning. Temp was -17 with 15 mph winds. When I walked out of the airport to find my rental car, I could hardly breathe.

Being from NC, I don't have clothes to wear in that type of weather. The heavest coat I had was a London Fog rain coat with the zip in liner. That was one miserable trip.

Wondered why the rental car came with 2 sets of keys. Found out the next morning when I went out to drive to work. Everyone else came out, started their car, locked it up, and went back into the hotel for another cup of coffee. Stupid me did not realize this the first morning, but I quickly learned. That car had electric windows, and they never thawed out enough they could be rolled down, not that I needed them down.

Several people from Poughkeepsie, NY were meeting with us, and even they were talking about Burlington being colder than any place they had ever been. You know it is cold when people from the mid-Hudson Valley are complaining.

Seeing your picture brought back memories of that trip. Had I not have had the trip to Burlington, I would never have understood just how cold it can get.

Bob