Sciatica

/ Sciatica #31  
Glad to hear the surgery was successful and hope you enjoy those happy pills.:laughing:

/ Sciatica #32  
Email set to you Rich. You are in our prayers.

PS...The doctor's staff dropped off that junker car body in your yard for the goats to stand on. No wonder all the staff was in the barn...

/ Sciatica #33  
Those three months will take forever and pass in what will seem like several days. Recover well and keep the faith.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That "Sorta Numb" state ain't no fun but it is better than pain.:)

/ Sciatica #34  
RichZ,

Good to hear your up and at em. Now just follow up with what is rquired to make a full recovery. Make each day an adventure and watch your step when walking.

Warren

/ Sciatica
Thanks, guys. Pain meds do wonders, so I'm doing pretty well. I'm walking around with a cane, inside and out. I'm pretty stoned, but I'm doing very well. I have chairs strategically placed on the farm, so I can watch my wife do the chores. I can't wait until I can do them, but that won't be for a few months.

/ Sciatica #36  
Hope it all goes well for you. It will take some time. Hang in there:thumbsup:

/ Sciatica
Hi guys, here's my latest report. If you have major surgery, watch those pain meds and valium. They take away the pain, and make you so stoned you just feel good. But despite having a great hospital and great surgeon, no one warned me about the constipation they cause. I never had that before. I had it in the hospital and I had it at home, and both times I wanted to die, the pain in my gut was so bad. I just got over my second bout, and no more pain meds for me, no matter how much it hurts, ans it hurts a lot. But the pain will slowly go away, the constipation will not.
And that hurts more than the pain.

I'm increaSING my physical therapy, but mopre about that when I get stronger.

/ Sciatica #38  
Rich, I don't think I've ever taken any valium. What pain medication are you using? I've taken Darvon, Hydrocodone (or Hydroco/APAP), and Oxycod/APAP after surgery, but never had it affect me the way you're saying. And in spite of what the doctors and pharmacists warn you of, I learned years ago, after some surgery, that Darvon and Scotch work wonders.:laughing: But of course, I always take less pain medication than the doctor says I can take. I'm a firm believer in pain medicine to prevent pain, but I sure have no intentions of getting hooked on that stuff.

Anyway, good luck with the recovery.

/ Sciatica #39  
Hi Rich,

Just wondering...how do you sleep? That is, since your incision is on your back, do you sleep on your side? Or do you sleep sitting up? These are all things you never think about until it happens...

I guess your wife changes the bandages each day? I know it's hard on you since you cannot reach it. Open heart operation is in the front and more accessible and probably easier to sleep?

/ Sciatica
Bird, besides Valium, I was taking oxycodone, and I had my wife check to see that I'm not screwing that up. It probably doesn't stop eveyone's guts, but it sure did it for me!!!!!!!!!

Dave, I'm sleeping on a recliner. It's too hard for me to get into bed, it hurts if I lay on my back, my side, and probably even on my head ( I actually made a joke!!), so the recliner keeps me in one position, so I don't roll over and hurt myself in my sleep. It was my idea, but the surgeon said it was a great idea. The dressings came off 2 days ago for good. The hospital changed them in a few days, and then told my wife to take them off after I was home, and not replace them. I have a 9 inch surgical wound, but believe it or not, it's all closed up.

I just wish I could find something to stop the hurt without stoping me up. I can't take aspirin or ibuprofin, they both cause bleeding. My wife just gave me tylenol. I'm not hopeful, but I'll try anything that will take away some pain and not stop me up.

I'll keep you all posted and pray none of my TBN buddies ever have to go thru this.