Sciatica

/ Sciatica #41  
Bird, besides Valium, I was taking oxycodone, and I had my wife check to see that I'm not screwing that up. It probably doesn't stop eveyone's guts, but it sure did it for me!!!!!!!!!

Different people experience different side effects from medicines.

And I, too, have had a fair amount of experience sleeping in a recliner when health considerations made it unwise to go to bed.:laughing:

/ Sciatica #42  
Can't you take the oxycodone with a prune juice chaser? :(

/ Sciatica #44  
RichZ,

Call your Dr. and let them know what is going on. They know from your history what you can take and what to avoid. I know the misery that patients go thru with Constipation or Obstipation, (I do the x-ray exams) you don't need that on top of your current pain status. But do call your Dr.
A good recliner will become your best friend. When I had my back surg, the first thing my wife bought was a good recliner. Slept in that thing for a long time. She did the same after her breast ca surg.

/ Sciatica #45  
Thanks for the suggestion retired, but I tried that.

Then you have to go with the big guns - Metamucil.
Breakfast - Metamucil mixed in orange juice.
Lunch - Applesauce with Metamucil added.
Supper - Creamcorn with Matamucil added.

Just don't get too far away from the crapper. :thumbsup:

Aside from our brain we are just a plumbing unit. Fiber and liquid makes a happy camper.:thumbsup:

/ Sciatica
Thanks Nelson!!!

I'm trying a half dose of the pain pills with several prunes as a chaser and stool softeners. So far, so good.

I actually refused to take the pain meds for over a day, but I actually became delirious with the pain, so that didn't work too well.

/ Sciatica #47  
Rich,
I was having some digestive issues a while back. My wife bought some fiber one bars and pop tarts. They worked well and taste pretty good.

/ Sciatica #48  
I feel for ya Rich. I had the same surgery back in '96. Spinal fusion with bone graft and titanium rods and screws. I was on the meds(and out of my mind) for about two months. I could either be standing up straight or lying flat on my back, nothing in between. The back brace was not very comfortable either. After about six months the Dr. wanted to schedule the removal of the titanium appliance. I asked him what it would hurt to leave it in. He said it wouldn't hurt to leave it so, it's still there today. I have had little discomfort since the surgery except for the site on my hip where they took the bone for the graft. It has hurt off and on since the surgery. All in all it was worth it.

/ Sciatica
Thanks Ajmbonaire. They do things a little differently now. The titanium is designed to be premanent, I guess the design must be somewhat different, now. I really have had enough of surgery for a long time, so I'd like it to be just left alone!!! And there's no back brace anymore. The surgeon told me these new titanium appliances are a lot stronger than they were even 3 years ago. I'm thankful for that!!!!! I'm in enough pain and discomfort, I think a back brace would drive me insane.

Thanks, Deerfan,The fiber bars are a great idea, I just told my wife, and she'll pick some up tomorrow.

/ Sciatica #50  
Thanks Ajmbonaire. They do things a little differently now. The titanium is designed to be premanent, I guess the design must be somewhat different, now. I really have had enough of surgery for a long time, so I'd like it to be just left alone!!! And there's no back brace anymore. The surgeon told me these new titanium appliances are a lot stronger than they were even 3 years ago. I'm thankful for that!!!!! I'm in enough pain and discomfort, I think a back brace would drive me insane.

Thanks, Deerfan,The fiber bars are a great idea, I just told my wife, and she'll pick some up tomorrow.

You bet anytime. Get well soon.