Thieves Hit My Physical Therapists

/ Thieves Hit My Physical Therapists #1  

Bird

Epic Contributor
This is the start of the second week of a 3 day a week 6 week physical therapy session the doctor ordered for a shoulder problem I have. And when the therapists opened at 8 a.m. this morning, they discovered that sometime over the 3 day holiday weekend someone stole all the outside components of their air-conditioning system.

I don't have any idea what kind of money theives can get for that, but I sure wish an officer had caught them in the act.

The therapist manager went to Walmart, right down the street, and got 7 fans. He also got a red plastic tub to set in front of each fan, and two 10# bags of ice to put in each tub. With a forecast high today of 101 and already over 90, I don't know how well that'll work, but have to give the young man credit for trying.:D

/ Thieves Hit My Physical Therapists #2  
Swiping AC units in Texas ought to be a hanging offense!
Dave.

/ Thieves Hit My Physical Therapists #3  
This is the start of the second week of a 3 day a week 6 week physical therapy session the doctor ordered for a shoulder problem I have. And when the therapists opened at 8 a.m. this morning, they discovered that sometime over the 3 day holiday weekend someone stole all the outside components of their air-conditioning system.

I don't have any idea what kind of money theives can get for that, but I sure wish an officer had caught them in the act.

The therapist manager went to Walmart, right down the street, and got 7 fans. He also got a red plastic tub to set in front of each fan, and two 10# bags of ice to put in each tub. With a forecast high today of 101 and already over 90, I don't know how well that'll work, but have to give the young man credit for trying.:D

I am sorry to learn of the crime, Bird. There was an instance in south Lansing, Michigan, recently at a medical/dental clinic that serves low-income residents and according to the story, their air conditioning units were vandalized to about $24 worth of copper tubing, and the cost to repair the damage was 100 times that much.

The story went on to say "why would anybody do such a senseless act to a clinic that helps the poor and operates on a shoestring budget?'

Yes, very senseless.

/ Thieves Hit My Physical Therapists #5  
Bird, my initial response was based on memory, but I reread the story online and it stated: "$16 worth of copper from four air conditioning units, repair cost $2287, clinic is responsible for a $1000 deductible, their insurance will pay the rest".

/ Thieves Hit My Physical Therapists #6  
Bird, that hit them right where it counts!. That stuff has gone on around here way to much.

Channel 8 news showed a small church that has been hit 3 times (A/C), now they can't afford a new unit since each time it's $1000 deductible. Sorry fellas, but if they get electrocuted stealing this stuff, I say "good riddance".

They have to sell this stuff somewhere, this is where I think the law should start looking at the yards that buy this stuff.

Like "Receiving stolen property"

/ Thieves Hit My Physical Therapists #7  
That's a fairly common commercial item around here to get nabbed is A/C condensers and a-coils and wiring they sell them for scrap copper is high priced. I have seen on tv where they go on construction sites and new housing projects and steal them there too. They are even stealing the copper grounding wire/rods on telephone and power poles thats real bright. ( I have a 230gr chunk of copper/lead to donate)

/ Thieves Hit My Physical Therapists
They have to sell this stuff somewhere, this is where I think the law should start looking at the yards that buy this stuff.

I think most police departments are doing that, Dennis, but I don't know how much success they've had.

My therapists are leasing an office in a larger building with at least a half dozen medical related businesses, so it's the building owner rather than the therapists who will be out the expense. Each rental unit has its own A/C and only the one for the therapists' office was taken, perhaps because it's probably the only one that cannot be seen from the street.

/ Thieves Hit My Physical Therapists #9  
I think most police departments are doing that, Dennis, but I don't know how much success they've had.

My therapists are leasing an office in a larger building with at least a half dozen medical related businesses, so it's the building owner rather than the therapists who will be out the expense. Each rental unit has its own A/C and only the one for the therapists' office was taken, perhaps because it's probably the only one that cannot be seen from the street.

Of course I have no way of knowing the details, but some commercial leases specify that the tenant is responsible for installed equipment. It may not be the landlords responsibility like a residential rental. Even so, it is a shame that so much damage is done by thieves who do much more dollar damage than they gain. I'm always surprised to see soft drink machines outdoors. Heck, these thieves might knock over one of those for the aluminum in the cans.:mad:

/ Thieves Hit My Physical Therapists #10  
Stealing AC componants is real serious here...Now The seller is supposed to leave a thumb print. But the theft continues.