Default Does TSC give a military discount?

Does TSC give a military discount at the register? I just read a post on another forum where a retired USN fellow bought an on sale item for around $600.00 and received what I perceive to be a 10% discount with his veteran's I.D. Last week at a TSC in California I bought a not on sale item around $900.00 and also asked if they gave a military discount and was told no.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX24

Default Re: Does TSC give a military discount?

NO, TSC does not do military discounts. I'm retired military, and I worked at a TSC for 6 months. Go to Lowes or Home Depot for selection, competition, and a military discount.

Folks on the floor have some discretion on pricing, and you can usually put a discount up to 10% if you're willing to make it a take-it-or-leave it deal.

TSC waves the flag, but they're made in China...
    Al Yelvington
    Russell, PA
    Kubota BX-24 & Kubota RTV-900
    FEL, BH, chipper, box grader, back blade, ford rake, disc harrow, sub-soiler, mid-soil buster, post hole digger, brush hog, spreader, sprayer, quick hitch, log splitter, block heater and lots of lights!

www.youtube.com/ayelvington

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    3320 w/cab

Well if not, what about a senior citizens discount?

Tractor
    Mahindra 2535, Kubota L2501, Farmall Cub, Farmall 200, Farmall SuperC, JD x530, JDx320, JD GT235, JDLX176, JD Gator

Ive asked the same question. I was told the store manager was retired Navy and he didnt even get one. I go to PAris Farmer's Union. They sell Blue Seal Feeds which are cheaper than Purina (even Dumor) and the feed comes in paper instead of plastic bags ( I recycle when I can). Home Depot and Lowes offer military discounts. I only shop at TSC for stuff I cannot find elsewhere. Its definitely not cheaper. I mostly go to get my propane tanks filled. THATS cheaper. Haha.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L235

Home Depot & Lowes have the military discount. In addition you can get a 10% coupon for Lowe's from the post office - ask for a change of address package - there is a Lowe's coupon in it AND Home depot will honor it as well - check the expiration date of the coupon.
    Kubota L235
    John Deere 5055E