Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Default Re: I Build "UGLY"

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    Never seen a tractor wearing "drag", oh sorry got confused with the San Fransisco thread. My tractor is not Gay - Its just Happy.:thumbsup:

Like that gun too, any history to it , or hunches?
    No one fires 2 or 3 shots at a critter and then buries the gun. out in the desert.
    The pistol was made in Germany and even had the flat hammer spring as in a Colt single action. The spring was well know for breaking, lots of folks kept a spare. It is one of the main reasons the "dry fire" is a No No. They use to make a dummy cartridge that was spring loaded, in place of a primer.
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Tractor
    Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe

Most excellent photo's and stuff! I wholeheartedly approve!!!!
    God Bless our brave men, bring them home, safe again.

Tractor
    JD2555 and a few Allis Chalmers

Quote Originally Posted by crash325 View Post
    David why did you do that. Maybe for a small fee I can use your copyrighted name.

If all else fails, apply the bar rule, drink 'till she' s cute !!

You may have noticed in some of my pictures, there is a grocery bag. Way cheaper than paint.

Copyrighted materials fees are DIRT CHEAP. I usually just charge a cup of coffee as a fee if I ever meet you, but with interest till that happens it could add up to almost a pot of coffee. The good thing is that I don't do starbucks, so a pot is still cheap...
    David from jax
    A serious accident is one that money won't fix.

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by czechsonofagun View Post
    The roller - is it an old water heater?
    Prokop,
    Here are a couple of pictures of the ends of the tank.

In the future it will be a Sheep's Foot. Tank is at least 3/16" or more thick. The thin end will be cut off. About 10". It is filled with water and that really runs the weight up.

Have started on a new roller. A lot bigger around and somewhat shorter. Going to put a little sand & gravel in it to keep the rust scoured out. Then filled with water. 1 Picture has the measurements on it. Maybe one of the educated people will figure out how many gallons it will hold.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -old-roller-1-jpg   -old-roller-2-jpg   -tank-end-1-jpg   -tank-end-2-jpg   -tank-inside-jpg  

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

I only ever paint for protection of the metal. Although I have noticed that my crappy welds look alot better after a coat of primer and then gloss black paint. I don't have near the portfolio of nicely done projects as you, crash, but I have a lot of sketches of things I want to do. Here's hoping I live long enough to get some of them done.
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by Iplayfarmer View Post
    I only ever paint for protection of the metal. Although I have noticed that my crappy welds look alot better after a coat of primer and then gloss black paint. I don't have near the portfolio of nicely done projects as you, crash, but I have a lot of sketches of things I want to do. Here's hoping I live long enough to get some of them done.
    There are times when I just sit around and dream up new "Projects". Got to be comfortable.

Flat paint hides a lot more sin's than Gloss. Ask an expert at making "Fine Looking" projects.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -hs-chair-jpg   -stap-chair-jpg  

Tractor
    Kubota B3200

I know. It will be heavy enough to do the job as my dad used to say.

Tractor
    Kubota B3200

I like this thread

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Here are a couple more of my "fine" looking projects. keep in mind that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -horse-shoe-rack-jpg   -smoking-1-jpg  

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Not everything I build is ugly. But quick & dirty is so much more fun.

Will show a few things that actually look good and are well finished. The pens show were made with solid 14 KT. gold, 1 was diamond set. Things like these take a lot of time and thinking. No fun in that.

The oak floor was out of a guys "fire wood" pile. It had sat around on a dirt floor barn for a lot of years. You might say it was somewhat "Dis stressed".

More nice stuff later if you like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dp-2ag-jpg   -diamond-pen-3-jpg   -gp-2-jpg   -dp-1a-jpg   -gp-1a-jpg  

-floor-1-jpg   -floor-3-jpg   -floor-4-jpg   -floor-5-jpg   -fawcet-jpg  

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast