Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Default Re: I Build "UGLY"

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    I guess the White one would be for the "independents"

I like to build "stuff', but haven't in 10 years, or since I moved back to Texas, have a few hard photos and no scanner, bummer.

Jim, my oldest son lives in Anthem BTW..
    White may be for those that are "Confused".
    Many years ago when I lived Phoenix, Black Canyon Hwy. had very little close to it. Use to drive up to Sedona just to go fishing.

I do lots of building, always making some kind of a mess. 97.37% Is all done alone. Like help with cement work, but do that alone when needed. Everything shown in the pictures was done without help. The drain pipe goes out by the green bush in the last picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -blanced-4-jpg   -readt2pour-2-jpg   -back-slab4-jpg   -culvert-pipe-jpg   -culvert-all-jpg  

-culvert-filled-jpg   -birdbath2-0-jpg  
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

Quote Originally Posted by crash325 View Post
    I do lots of building, always making some kind of a mess. 97.37% Is all done alone. Like help with cement work, but do that alone when needed. Everything shown in the pictures was done without help. The drain pipe goes out by the green bush in the last picture.
    I know what you mean My wife say's I'm to "picky" to work with when I was building metal art in Colorado I would have to agree.

Part of "creating" something is freedom of expression and sometimes it's no help to have something else on your mind. Nice to have help when you need it though!!
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Time to revive this old thread & have some more fun.
    You folks must have built dozens of things by now.

Show Off A Little

Here are couple of wood stoves that I built last year.

-stoves-1-jpg - -stoves-2-jpg

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Looks Beautiful to me..I have a great appreciation for re-use..

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    PT 422

Time to revive this old thread & have some more fun.
    You folks must have built dozens of things by now.

Show Off A Little

Here are couple of wood stoves that I built last year.

-stoves-1-jpg - -stoves-2-jpg
    I built one like your water heater stove on the left, for my parents. Top load lid was a bit heavy though. It work very well for years.

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by cqaigy2 View Post
    I built one like your water heater stove on the left, for my parents. Top load lid was a bit heavy though. It work very well for years.
    I looked at some plans for a top loader and decided that was not the way to go. Most of them leak smoke and when adding wood, that is not the best way to go.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    PT 422

I looked at some plans for a top loader and decided that was not the way to go. Most of them leak smoke and when adding wood, that is not the best way to go.
    Yes, that is an issue. I didn't have too much of a problem building one that didn't leak smoke, a matter of flat and parallel construction, but sometimes wisps of smoke would come off the lid/door when open. I think it was because of the lid heating up and soot on the inside surface. They found it easier to load then a more traditional front loader. My current stove loads from the front.

Your stoves look like they should work well and give years of heat.

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by cqaigy2 View Post
    Yes, that is an issue. I didn't have too much of a problem building one that didn't leak smoke, a matter of flat and parallel construction, but sometimes wisps of smoke would come off the lid/door when open. I think it was because of the lid heating up and soot on the inside surface. They found it easier to load then a more traditional front loader. My current stove loads from the front.

Your stoves look like they should work well and give years of heat.
    My little original stove is on its forth year and 2 others similar that I built for neighbors are on their 3rd year. I heat about 900 Sq. Ft. with it and have to make sure its turned way down in order not to over heat the place. (Over 80). The heavy pipe going into the stove extends into the stove 1.5". that keeps the heat in a little better. The doors are fairly tight and sealed around the outside. I call them "semi air tight.

The newer ones pictured also have a baffle across the back 1/2 of the stove that keeps the flames from going straight up the stove pipe. I can cook on mine, but it heats fairly slow. The 2 new ones have a lot more of the flat surface exposed directly to the flames. Better for cooling. The stove pipe damper is also a fairly snug fit. Once a good bed of coals is established they can go 3 or 4 hours with out wood and will give off heat for 6 or more hours. The pipe coming out is 1/8" wall & 7" ID. Small stove is sleeved down for 6 inch.

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Time for a little more fun & ugly stuff.

-fire-2-jpg - -mail-box-jpg - -out-door-stove-jpg - -red-wagon-jpg - -smoker-jpg - -stairs-jpg

Beau-T-fulllll

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast